DIGITRAINS

ROSSPOP

• 4 weeks later...

Jeremy and his colleagues have recently fitted several sound decoders, stay alives, and repaired for me some intermittently functioning decoders fitted by others, in both steam and diesel locos. Prices are very fair and friendly service is outstanding. Work quality is exceptionally high. Jeremy will always be honest and decline a job he will not do and say exactly why. I have found Digitrains sound projects to be some of the best available as well. Its a 90 minute drive from my place to Lincoln but I am always happy to make the journey to deliver and collect models by hand and enjoy some banter when the finished work is displayed for me on their test track.

Disclaimer - no shares owned or other interest in Digitrains other than as a very satisfied customer.

• Like 1

They have a very well stocked shop with enough model railway items, scenic and electrical, to keep you browsing for a lengthy period if you are able to get across to Lincoln. The shop is very accessible by car and has lots of parking.

I have no connection with the Digitrains team either, except as a very satisfied customer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There was a long discussion on this very subject recently:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134569-out-of-order-or-good-business-sense/

Not all shops do this, those that do have their reasons.

If memory serves that topic was about old stock being repriced with new price stickers, the item I ordered didn't even have a new sticker just the old price. So if I been in the shop that item would be sold at that price.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

One of my local model shops and I have always had excellent service and advice.

I have dealt with them for many years and purchased my first DCC controller, a NCE Powercab, several years ago on their advice and have always been completely satisfied.

They have often given advice on a cheaper way of doing things which is helpful.

Unfortunately I am not getting good customer service from Digitrains anymore as they have decided to ignore my email in regard to my problem, a problem which I highlighted for the benefit of others here but which has been removed.

Obviously this forum does not do transparency.

If you remove my posts at least have the decency to inform me.

I am owed money and everyone should be aware.

I’ve had very good service from this business, on more than one occasion, so am a little surprised at your predicament. Obviously I don’t know what your issue is but there are potential remedies. You are protected under the Distance Selling Regs and if your purchase is over 100 gbp and you paid with a credit card then you may have some recourse - apologies if you are aware of this already. I hope you can get this resolved amicably.

I popped in the other day on my way (in a roundabout way) to Doncaster and I was surprised by the shop. I thought it would be a little bigger, but actually it had everything that I was looking for. I asked the lad behind the till if he could help me choosing a new DCC system and he went and got a colleague who let me have a go on their test track and it made such a difference knowing that I was buying something that I had tried out. I also picked up a few other bits - and I was hugely impressed with the service there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Another massive thumbs up for Digitrains. Ive had a number of orders from them and find the customer service second to none. Ive just sent a couple of decoders back for repair and just cant thank them enough for the service received. That along with Pauls fantastic sound projects have made them my go to railway supplies.

I was fortunate to buy one of Pauls own class 47’s and he has done an awesome job with it. Just wish I could afford the other ones on eBay currently.

Fantastic products with fantastic customer service and quick turnaround/delivery. Can’t fault these guys one bit.

Thanks

Mark

• 2 years later...

Sent an email to Digitrains last night enquiring about some sound decoders, despite them having been shut for Christmas I had a response early this morning.

I placed an order at 12:30 and they were dispatched at 5pm - not a bad turnaround for their first day back.

Looking forward to some whistling and hoovering in a few days

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Tryfan said:

I sent them an email on the 30/11/20, never received a reply.

Any idea how many emails they were dealing with daily in Tier 4 lockdown during a pandemic?

Mistakes happen even in the best run business.

Did you follow it up?

If your original email has inadvertantly been overlooked, moaning on here is unlikely to help.

• Agree 2

I've had a lot of email correspondence in the past month with Digitrains, they reply very quickly.  In terms of sales activity, they have a very fast turnaround there too, even after being closed for a week due to Covid isolation.

With another retailer, I did have an issue with Rails in December, I used the main email address but their responses were not coming back to me, I messaged Oliver on here and he then got me sent a copy of their response but the problem with the email didn't resolve so I simply rang Rails and we sorted the issue over the phone.  The point I am making is that any company can have an issue with an email and the answer is, if they don't respond follow it up with a phone call.

• Agree 1