Farish mark 2 DBSO

Crepello

On 19/07/2018 at 16:48, njee20 said:

It'll be removable, same reason they include them on DVTs and what not I presume... someone will want one.

But the issue for a model is the hugh standard N gauge coupling probe is right where the object deflector should be.  What would be great is if Farish could have a choice of slot out coupling or dead cow deflectors.

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

34 minutes ago, bigP said:

Does the DBSO at least come DCCReady? Do the lights even work on the N version then?

Paul

There is DC/DCC directional lighting with space for a chip in the driving end baggage area, but no salon lighting.

Yom. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

shame farish didn't go for dcc fitted on these or even dc lighting but then I dread the cost given that 00 is far more widespread than N. 

If they’re DCC ready what’s the issue? Putting in a decoder is trivial. 

• 1 month later...

So the Mk2a should be 0.16mm lower than the Mk1 but in Farish' case it is over a mm different and quite noticeable. When you look at a photo of a real Mk1 and Mk2a coupled together the height difference is not noticeable.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I would wager the DBSO and associated Mk2F will be 2021 now with another January RRP increase so until they hit bargain bins (unlikely) I think I will pass...

The word from the club event was that the Mk.2s are in production and will be here mid 2020.

I have to admit though, that the latest rise on these is a hard pill to swallow given that Bachmann have admitted they were only further delayed from 2019 by a "scheduling error". It does feel a little like we are being asked to pay more due only to a delay entirely of Bachmann's own making, but I suppose it also validates their new approach to not announcing models too far in advance. 

On the plus side I only need 3 of these. On the negative side, I'll now have to take the superstrip to a £120 odd quids worth of coach :blink:

Tom.  

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

33 minutes ago, bigP said:

The good thing with their never ending price rises is it makes crowdfunded efforts, like Revolution etc, even more commercially viable.

Anyone up for some accurate mk2b or 2c stock? ;)

Mk2b and mk2c coaches would be useful to me.