Exactoscale Track and Wheel Products

Blue Max

Do they take stock to shows other than ExpoEM and Scaleforum? I'm sure when I've seen them at other shows their stands don't look large enough.

Should I have clarified the 97.8% of the year when there isn't an ExpoEM or Scaleforum happening? :)

The Scalefour Society has a public e-shop where they sell selected items to the general public. Not everything, but a good range of items.

Regards,

Craig w

The Scalefour Society has a public e-shop where they sell selected items to the general public. Not everything, but a good range of items.

Regards,

Craig w

Useful to know - I'd never noticed the public e-shop before.

C&L aren’t coping too well even as a monopoly

David

Things have got a lot better and I am certain that if Phil started C&L up again he would have done things differently, and certainly this is a bit of a wake up call. He is even got an IT company in sorting his email and website out. But is now closed for a  10 day holiday.

• RMweb Gold

I know one of the 'co-operative' members and that more information on the non EMGS/Scalefour society sales outlet will be forthcoming in the next couple of months. I will ask however if they are able to give a more definitive answer on this thread, to prevent another two pages of frothing speculation. Also EMGS only sell product at the two EXPO's, the on line shop is only available to EMGS members.

EMGS have stocked C&L and Exactoscale parts for quite some time, so their ordering system is already in place.

However, before you all rush off to join the EMGS, good move though it is, please be aware that they are presently out of stock of most "Exactoscale products", indeed they still owe me a bag of S1s due to an error in their stock management data, I am on the waiting list for quite a few things.

• RMweb Premium

It's all very well saying that these products will be available through the Scalefour and EMG Societies, but if they're going to be popular I wonder how the volunteer unpaid stores managers in each society will be prepared to cope with the increased work for them that will result, especially if they're to be made available to non members.

DT

DT

I believe the society stores are only available to members, with the exception of a very few society shows where the entrance ticket gives a temporary membership for that day

Might give the societies a temporary boost in membership, though through what seems a smokescreen of conflicting information it seems a mail order facilities are being set up by the consortium at some point in the future

An announcement is planned through the Scalefour Society sometime in the future.

As far as I know as C&L is shut down for holidays till August, their agreement with the owner(s) of Exactoscale to market their products ceases at the end of July according to the owner of C&L.

Edited by hayfield

• RMweb Premium

However, before you all rush off to join the EMGS, good move though it is, please be aware that they are presently out of stock of most "Exactoscale products", indeed they still owe me a bag of S1s due to an error in their stock management data, I am on the waiting list for quite a few things.

I've been waiting 8 weeks for some "in stock" components (not Exactoscale ones) to be despatched, so have some reservations about EMGS Stores being able to cope with an increase in demand when they do get stock of the Exactoscale range.

I've been waiting 8 weeks for some "in stock" components (not Exactoscale ones) to be despatched, so have some reservations about EMGS Stores being able to cope with an increase in demand when they do get stock of the Exactoscale range.

Hi,

I think he explained it all in the latest News Letter, it all depends on his availability, Volunteers are always in demand in various Societies, especially the time consuming ones. Once upon a time you could get them from MSE (now Wizard) as well, though I don't remember them ever being available from S4 stores, Jeremy has probably got enough to do anyway..

• RMweb Gold

I know one of the 'co-operative' members and that more information on the non EMGS/Scalefour society sales outlet will be forthcoming in the next couple of months. I will ask however if they are able to give a more definitive answer on this thread, to prevent another two pages of frothing speculation. Also EMGS only sell product at the two EXPO's, the on line shop is only available to EMGS members.

If it means more people joining societies, then it's a win win situation.

Mike.

PS. I shall personally come over and slap the first person who says there is no point in them joining the EMGS/P4 soc because they don't model in either scale.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I think he explained it all in the latest News Letter, it all depends on his availability, Volunteers are always in demand in various Societies, especially the time consuming ones.

Yes, it's explained in the Newsletter, I understand the situation and am OK to wait (fairly) patiently for the items I've ordered (& paid for) to arrive. My point was that the dissatisfaction that many people experienced when ordering Exactoscale components from C&L may not be unique to C&L unless the situation with EMGS Stores improves.

• RMweb Premium

It all seems a bit daft to me. A number of Exactoscale products, eg 4mm scale track chairs, will be attractive to 00 modellers as well as those modelling in P4 and EM.  Are these really not be made available to 00 modellers unless they join one or other of the two societies (and I stand ready to be slapped by Mike, see #36 above)?  And if not, and, say, the Scalefour Society offers them to non members, will trade officer Jeremy, who currently offers an excellent and speedy service, be able to cope and should he be expected to do so?

DT

• RMweb Gold

It all seems a bit daft to me. A number of Exactoscale products, eg 4mm scale track chairs, will be attractive to 00 modellers as well as those modelling in P4 and EM.  Are these really not be made available to 00 modellers unless they join one or other of the two societies (and I stand ready to be slapped by Mike, see #36 above)?  And if not, and, say, the Scalefour Society offers them to non members, will trade officer Jeremy, who currently offers an excellent and speedy service, be able to cope and should he be expected to do so?

DT

Slap incoming!

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

If it means more people joining societies, then it's a win win situation.

More members are welcomed in any society.

It's the volunteering members that societies want.

Edited by chris p bacon

• RMweb Gold

More members are welcomed in any society.

It's the volunteering members that societies want.

Not necessarily, if you get enough members you can then employ people to do the volunteers jobs, look at the likes of the Jaguar Owners Club and many others.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Not necessarily, if you get enough members you can then employ people to do the volunteers jobs, look at the likes of the Jaguar Owners Club and many others.

Mike.

True, but that's when it moves from a society to a business.

No. If the activity is only amongst the members of a society then it is possible to be in 'mutual association', on the basis that you cannot make a profit out of selling things to yourself. And as such it is not a business for e.g tax etc reasons. Sales to non-members would be sales to 'customers' and therefore a business.

DT

Whatever is said those who own these products don't mind who buy them and as stated want to recoup their costs in developing them. They also see the need to make them available directly via mail order, however according to one of the statements this will take time to arrange, I assume the societies will receive stocks prior to the new direct supply arrangements starting. We do have to await the next announcement via the Scalefour society for details

• Like 1

No. If the activity is only amongst the members of a society then it is possible to be in 'mutual association', on the basis that you cannot make a profit out of selling things to yourself.

I suspect that's why the visiting public get to be honorary members for as long as the entry ticket is valid. Likewise I've been to performances at small theatres where the ticket has made me a temporary member of that theatre society for the duration of the show. 

Edited by sharris

Incidentally, I wonder whether the Exactoscale website ( http://www.exactoscale.co.uk/ ) will be updated before the end of the month. Currently its rather outdated site still consists of just one page stating:

Exactoscale Ltd. have transferred its products to C&L Finescale Modelling Ltd., located in Bristol, UK. 

All products are now available for ordering on line at the C&L website. 

Please follow this link:  C&L website - Click Here  

Should you need to make contact, please use the 'Contact Page' on the C&L website (located at the right hand end of the top Menu). 

Please note that the Company 'Exactoscale Limited' no longer exists. 

One of the previous Directors Mr Len Newman is now employed by C&L as a Consultant.