Exactoscale Track and Wheel Products

Blue Max

Why would it be updated when the company no longer exists? 

Craig W

Because anyone searching for Exactoscale gets this page as the first hit, and Google shows the first part of the message, telling them to go to C&L for Exactoscale parts even before opening the page. Since the name Exactoscale still exists, even if the company does not (and that's what people will search on), surely the page should either be deleted, or updated to reflect the fact that C&L will no longer be an Exactoscale distributor, maybe redirecting to the society sites - assuming, as Horsetan says, anyone still has the keys to get in. 

I can just imagine at C&L...

"Phil, can I have some Exactoscale bits please"

"Err, no, we don't sell them any longer"

"But Exactoscale sent me here to get them"

• RMweb Premium

Why would it be updated when the company no longer exists?

So who was it who renewed the exactoscale.co.uk domain in June this year, or who registered exactoscale.com last month?  The limited company may not exist, but I assume that Exactoscale remains Mr Jukes' trading name and that it continues as a business.

DT

Edited by Torper

Presumably there is some such problem as

https://exactoscale.com/

gets current information.

Regards

I guess the 7 mm track components may be unavailable until a direct mail order system is in place, unless that is an arrangement with one or both societies has been arranged. Trouble is that the announcement can be read a couple of ways so its a case of waiting for the new announcement, I guess part of the issue being the existing arrangements still being in place with C&L 

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I wondered if anyone happens to have a postal address for Exactoscale ?

I have looked on the recent website and I have not  found it yet.

The context is that to send money for an order from Canada by bank transfer, I have to enter a postal address for them as well as their sort code etc.

In case Exactoscale do not want the postal address on the website I would be happy to receive any information by PM.

Many thanks, Tom

• RMweb Premium

The following was taken from the Exactoscale Website.

"Orders should be sent by email to track.sales@exactoscale.com

Orders cannot be placed on line or sent by post at present. If you do not use email, please ask a friend or family member to help"

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Martin. Yes I know they are away at present. I am trying to have the payment there for them already when they get back so there is perhaps time to get the order out to a relative's UK address while I am visiting. 

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Dominion said:

Thanks Martin. Yes I know they are away at present. I am trying to have the payment there for them already when they get back so there is perhaps time to get the order out to a relative's UK address while I am visiting. 

You could ask the relative to make the payment for you, and repay them when you visit? Clearly the system is working for UK residents.

p.s. if delivery is to a UK address, you won't be able to reclaim the VAT element.

cheers,

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
p.s. added
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dominion said:

I wondered if anyone happens to have a postal address for Exactoscale ?

I have looked on the recent website and I have not  found it yet.

The context is that to send money for an order from Canada by bank transfer, I have to enter a postal address for them as well as their sort code etc.

In case Exactoscale do not want the postal address on the website I would be happy to receive any information by PM.

Many thanks, Tom

If you are planning to pay by bank transfer you would require their IBAN and SWIFT numbers, the order page only has the details for UK based bank transfers

1 hour ago, martin_wynne said:

If you need a postal address, just email them and ask. The distance selling regulations require that they provide it.

But note that they are closed until 29th April.

Martin.

This is the applicable section from the current regulation

The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

SCHEDULE 2 - Information relating to distance and off-premises contracts

(c) the geographical address at which the trader is established and, where available, the trader’s telephone number, fax number and e-mail address, to enable the consumer to contact the trader quickly and communicate efficiently;

Jonathan

11 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

Fax number? But no mention of a web site? It shows how difficult it is for the law to keep pace with technology.

Martin.

Or how slow they are in keeping up with modern day activities, though it does say email address