Kernow announce 47537 "Sir Gwynedd / County of Gwynedd" exclusive edition

Andy Y

KERNOW MODEL RAIL CENTRE PRESS RELEASE - 31-662Z / 31-662ZDS Bachmann CLASS 47 OO GAUGE 

31-662ZDS promo.jpg

We are pleased to announce we have commissioned Bachmann to produce Class 47/4 Diesel number 47 537 named "Sir Gwynedd / County of Gwynedd" as an exclusive model in OO Gauge.  The model will be finished in BR Large Logo livery and will have a weathered finish.  The weathering will be similar to that achieved with our successful model of 47 706 which gained much praise from our customers.

The model is expected in the 1st Quarter of 2019 and will be available as DCC Ready for £169.99 and DCC Sound Fitted for £259.99 (factory fitted sound by Bachmann).

Direct product links are below:

• Like 5

Really nice! Real work horse livery. Very tempted. Well done Kernow.

At the same time, I'm a little disappointed. I allow myself to get excited when these announcements come. Maybe this is the moment I get my 45/1 (flush front) or my 31/4 in blue. But no. The wait continues.

As a side note, as much as I love all these 47's coming on the market, they are all flip up glass markers at one end and opaque discs the other. I'd like to see a new tooling of both ends with flip up glass lenses, or both opaque. Flush front one end and original inset the other. Loads of combinations to go at, but I know new tooling cost money, and different cab ends are still some way off.

• RMweb Premium

I remember travelling behind this loco (albeit cleaner) between Reading and Birmingham New Street on the "Wessex Scot" in April 1985 for an degree course interview at the then Birmingham Poly.

Might consider buying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good, despite the Bachmann tooling not being at the level of recent releases due to its age the finish looks outstanding and I will certainly be ordering one. The finish and worn condition would date the model around 1992\3?

• RMweb Premium

Looking good, despite the Bachmann tooling not being at the level of recent releases due to its age the finish looks outstanding and I will certainly be ordering one. The finish and worn condition would date the model around 1992\3?

I should say so...

Before 1990 it was pretty much normal weathering:

1988: http://class47.co.uk/c47_zoom_v3.php?img=0999000560000

Thereafter it deteriorated:

1991: http://class47.co.uk/c47_zoom_v3.php?img=1345051001200

1992: http://class47.co.uk/c47_zoom_v3.php?img=0354051107200 and http://class47.co.uk/c47_zoom_v3.php?img=0955010452000

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Very much looking forward to this model, I see it's now been rescheduled for Q2 of this year which at the very least provides a bit more time to herd the ££ together for it - was pleasantly surprised to find out that the lead loco on the recent 'Looe Brush' railtour was this very loco albeit in it's current guise of 47772 'Carnforth TMD' - good to know that it still survives!

• 3 weeks later...

ive often thought about adding those white marks on the wheel tyres/rims as a nice viewing features which highlights wheels that are turning as the loco moves.   here obviously weathered over but still a great little touch.

agree about dated tooling now but for £169 this looks like a good deal considering the work.

• RMweb Premium
On 11/02/2019 at 12:23, alexross42 said:

Very much looking forward to this model, I see it's now been rescheduled for Q2 of this year 

If so, then it’s presumably being produced at the same time as the next batch of standard releases. These are mostly showing as expected June 2019 on the Bachmann website.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 02/03/2019 at 07:17, ThaneofFife said:

ive often thought about adding those white marks on the wheel tyres/rims as a nice viewing features which highlights wheels that are turning as the loco moves.   here obviously weathered over but still a great little touch.

agree about dated tooling now but for £169 this looks like a good deal considering the work.

You may want to look at the price again as it have gone upto £189.95 but then again Bachmann have put the prices up on the other 47s. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like there on the way to whoever pre-ordered as I received e-mail earlier today that my card had been charged and my order had been despatched.

Pre-ordered price of £169.99 also honoured.

However when I visited their website earlier the item was not showing as 'in stock' @ £189.99.

Maybe it will show when the pre-orders are taken care of.

Hope this helps guys.

Cheers D7100.

• Thanks 1

Despite the price rise, that looks quite nice.

Im struggling to find a picture reference for it looking quite that scabby though for 91/92 ?

anyone else find a decent reference ?

58 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Despite the price rise, that looks quite nice.

Im struggling to find a picture reference for it looking quite that scabby though for 91/92 ?

anyone else find a decent reference ?

Hi. Brushman47544 put some links up on the 7th August 2018. Just scroll back through this thread. 

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

yep, seen those actually. I can’t really find an image with quite the level of decay the model has, but I’ll keep looking 

Edited by rob D2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

yep, seen those actually. I can’t really find an image with quite the level of decay the model has, but I’ll keep looking 

Might not be 47537, but the 47’s crewe turned out for the Bolton GUS parcels was well in this zone.

• Like 1