Little Goods

Well this is my first time dabbling into railway modelling i was going to put this entry into the cakebox challenge but I'm going to enter this into the diorama section even though the size is 8"x8". I'm going to model this in oo gauge consisting of 1 length of straight track, 1 buffer stop a small goods area with a crane kit and the usual vegetation, grass and ballast.

The baseboard is built ready to start planning some hill work and where to lay the track.

post-34694-0-04158900-1532024716_thumb.jpg

Mark

Edited by steamtoy

Had some messy fun this morning glueing strips of kitchen roll to the hilly sections really enjoyable. Will wait a day or so till completely dried then going to apply some mixed plaster over the top of this before painting a brown colour as a base for the grass.

post-34694-0-45361900-1532165668_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Started work today on the stone walling on the diorama, I got the idea from 009 micro modeller who has built a stone wall on his cakebox challenge. The stone wall is really taking shape and just need to complete the wall along the side of the railway track. Will be painting the wall grey with weathering once it's dried tomorrow.

post-34694-0-46969300-1532544081_thumb.jpgpost-34694-0-56319200-1532544105_thumb.jpg

Started work today on the stone walling on the diorama, I got the idea from 009 micro modeller who has built a stone wall on his cakebox challenge. The stone wall is really taking shape and just need to complete the wall along the side of the railway track. Will be painting the wall grey with weathering once it's dried tomorrow.

rsz_20180725_182158.jpg rsz_20180725_182327.jpg

Love the look of that stone wall. How did you make it?

Love the look of that stone wall. How did you make it?

Luke thanks for your reply the wall is made from the card off an Amazon A5 envelope and cut into 3-4mm side strips and the length of each slab is different as stone walls are are different shapes and lengths. Each cut piece of card is laid individually.

• 4 weeks later...