Die Ercallbahn - Fulfilling a childhood dream.

ian

On 25/04/2021 at 16:18, ian said:

210425-1.jpg

The possession continues. The towers and cross-spans have reappeared and Gleis 3 is regaining its catenary. Obviously its removal was a gross waste of money and irate letters are in the process of being penned to the local newspaper.

210425-2.jpg

This is the reason for re-stringing the wires - I have added the ability for main line trains to run into Gleis 3 from the east end allowing them to be passed by a following one. (Mind you, I haven't quite given up hope of getting an ET 420 up the hill from Maifeld either...)

I'm glad you re-added the extra catenary. Ignoring whether it was used or not, the station just looks better with the headspans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ian said:

210729.jpg
Fortunately for Herr B. electrical knitting is mainly silent.

I don’t know anything about wiring (I do like the phrase ‘electric knitting’ - especially given this photo), but I’ve always thought it was often accompanied by occasional and sudden rather loud “Bleeps!”

What I’ve been wondering, and I may have missed something, is whether there will be a way for trains to get from the lower level to the upper level - even with the gradients you’ve shown us the trains can climb, the gap between levels looks quite significant?  Just wondered, Keith.

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

I don’t know anything about wiring (I do like the phrase ‘electric knitting’ - especially given this photo), but I’ve always thought it was often accompanied by occasional and sudden rather loud “Bleeps!”

What I’ve been wondering, and I may have missed something, is whether there will be a way for trains to get from the lower level to the upper level - even with the gradients you’ve shown us the trains can climb, the gap between levels looks quite significant?  Just wondered, Keith.

The bleeps will come later when I test it... :angry:

At the moment this doesn't connect to anything - just like the undercroft below the site for Maifeld Hbf but one day it will all link up. This is actually nominally on the mid level - about the same elevation as the temporary return loop - although in fact it is actually a couple of inches lower in order to make room for the scenics, such as they will be. Or, in more understandable terms this baseboard's track levelis about 8" below Schwarzfelsen's.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

210802.jpg
The new board got moved onto trestles for track-laying, hole drilling and catenary stringing due to the lack of headroom under Schwarzfelsen.

210802-2.jpg
Still, at least the test running won't keep Herr B. awake!

• Like 3