DMU Photography - Away from the Three-Quarter View

• RMweb Gold

Lovely pics, Bob. Immediately above the leading cab in the first picture is Penygader; the summit of Cadair/Cader Idris. The hike up to the top from Minffordd on the other side is highly recommended. I well remember my first ascent on a week-long school geography trip in 1987 as the mountain and surrounding area feature many classic features of a post-glacial landscape.

• Like 3

156464 heads away from Sellafield towards Seascale in October '18. An interesting contrast in the scenery with the harsh perimeter fence of the Sellafield compound on one side and the windswept grasses and the sea on the other.

IMG_20181009_1543249.jpg.15d32cdad3538a0567a2d32854410c0b.jpg

Perhaps a loose interpretation of the theme here but a view from a D/EMU (is a class 800 a D/EMU?) in the landscape - if that's permissible! Taken somewhere between Didcot and Swindon on an IET. I like how the window frames the scenery.

IMG_20180618_1231321.jpg.f3068fc56f540cf54fd8a02292687eb4.jpg

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This is the 11:23 from Exmouth to Exeter, approaching Exton station. Pictured across the Exe estuary from near the new cycle path bridge at Powderham last Sunday 22nd March, just before the lockdown.

IMG_0418.JPG

Edited by Ramblin Rich
clarify place
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

The 10:50 Cross Country service from Paignton to Manchester. Pictured from the new cycle path bridge at Powderham last Sunday 22nd March, with Exmouth in the distance

IMG_0414.JPG

Edited by Ramblin Rich
clarify position
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium
On 26/03/2020 at 20:15, Ramblin Rich said:

The 10:50 Cross Country service from Paignton to Manchester. Pictured from the new cycle path bridge at Powderham last Sunday 22nd March, with Exmouth in the distance

IMG_0414.JPG

hi rich

if you have any more voyager specific photos I'd love to see them. I've started a voyager specific feed. please feel free to post any pics you may have

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A Banbury bound Class 115 DMU emerges from Ardley tunnel, February 1977.  Ardley tunnel was completed in 1909; the Bicester cutoff was opened by the GWR in 1910.  At 1152 yards long, and curved, it was a very dark place, with a single air shaft  midway providing some gloom relief.  

33090644052_c9bcc0e2b1_k.jpgArdley Tunnel March 1977 by Pete Piszczek, on Flickr

Edited by TheEngineShed
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Turbostar northbound across Culloden.  Gradient off the viaduct is apparent here - Culloden is a break in the overall descent from Slochd, after it has headed off the picture the unit will continue the plunge back down into Inverness.

DSCF2048.JPG

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...