DMU Photography - Away from the Three-Quarter View

10 hours ago, Davexoc said:

Who knows where this was taken??

Destination blind looks almost like Adwick, so maybe on the Lincoln-Worksop stretch? Those bridges on the far left look sort of like Retford Whisker Hill Junction.

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Destination blind looks almost like Adwick, so maybe on the Lincoln-Worksop stretch? Those bridges on the far left look sort of like Retford Whisker Hill Junction.

Or possibly the other Adwick (le Street), so maybe the Doncaster-Leeds line? 

36 minutes ago, iands said:

Or possibly the other Adwick (le Street), so maybe the Doncaster-Leeds line? 

Doncaster-Leeds is electrified though, and the photo isn't.

I think we mean the same Adwick, the one with the station, two stops out of Doncaster - there used to be services that went Lincoln-Worksop-Sheffield (reverse)-Doncaster-Adwick or Scunthorpe

Edited by eastwestdivide

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Doncaster-Leeds is electrified though, and the photo isn't.

I think we mean the same Adwick, the one with the station, two stops out of Doncaster - there used to be services that went Lincoln-Worksop-Sheffield (reverse)-Doncaster-Adwick or Scunthorpe

Yep, fair point. 

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, eastwestdivide said:

It certainly is. Taken at Rushey Siding LC. If you look behind the guy ropes on the first poles you can just make out the plume from Cottam power station.

Looking the other way towards Worksop.

153330a.JPG.da11276c2bbfaa8859d88944526c64fb.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Much as I enjoy looking at pictures of trains, the “landscape” seems to be taking a decidedly back seat in the latest series of posts.

Perhaps it’s another effect of lockdown.

Darius

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Much as I enjoy looking at pictures of trains, the “landscape” seems to be taking a decidedly back seat in the latest series of posts.

Darius

Thank you Darius, I was starting to think the same, but nevertheless thank you to everyone who is contributing. I was the originator of the thread but I don't own RMWeb, so post what you wish.  

My interest in railway photography has always been to move away from the conventional three-quarter view - although that has a place - especially with units which enthusiasts tend to find less photogenic.  It doesn't just need to be in some countryside, it can be in the middle of a city; the important thing is that the train is shown as part of the landscape, rural or urban.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Darius

Time for a “DMUs not in the landscape” thread, perhaps.

• Funny 4

Some way back up the thread I posted a picture of a DMU in Pont-y-Pant tunnel on the Conwy valley line.  Thought I would post this picture of the same train taken a few minutes earlier leaving Pont-y-Pant station:

1643247043_LeavingPontyPantP1080724.JPG.b40d9f66072ec25e8271d054c51606d6.JPG

Edited by eastglosmog
Restore photo
  • Like 11

I've uploaded this photograph a few years ago on another thread. Tell you what I never get tired of looking at this photo, the subject being DMU 'Class 101' 51188/56352, owned by the National Railway Museum currently based on the North Norfolk Railway. With a service bound for Sheringham, running in between the golf course and A149.

30th September 2015.

Regards

Ross

DSC00536.JPG

• Like 13