Colbalt 's' levers with Tortoise motors

Tove

Hi guys,

I`m have a bit of a moment so i could do with some help please!.

I`m wanting to use the Colbalt s levers with Tortoise point motors,which should be simples,but for some reason the old grey matter is having a really hard time of it.(too much sun i think...)

I`ve look through the pdf`s on the dccconcept`s site with out much luck,if anything it`s confused me even more now!.

so if some kind sole has already done this could they please scribble out a diagram for me, or even a picture showing which wire`s go where on the supplied PCB board as this would help to.

Also for power supply i`m using a H&M clipper DC controller,if that makes any difference,though i can`t think why it would....

Anyhow any help would be greatly appreciated,

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Hi guys,

I`m have a bit of a moment so i could do with some help please!.

I`m wanting to use the Colbalt s levers with Tortoise point motors,which should be simples,but for some reason the old grey matter is having a really hard time of it.(too much sun i think...)

I`ve look through the pdf`s on the dccconcept`s site with out much luck,if anything it`s confused me even more now!.

so if some kind sole has already done this could they please scribble out a diagram for me, or even a picture showing which wire`s go where on the supplied PCB board as this would help to.

Also for power supply i`m using a H&M clipper DC controller,if that makes any difference,though i can`t think why it would....

Anyhow any help would be greatly appreciated,

Brian.

The S lever has three SPDT switches - one is a momentary, the other two are maintained.

Pair up the two maintained switches as a DPDT changeover.

Most of the diagrams on the PDF are for a split-rail supply of +/0/- volts, but the diagram on page 5 should do.

https://www.dccconcepts.com/manual/controlling-motor-pointwork-using-cobalt-s-levers-2/

Although it shows an interlocked 3 way point, ignore the interlock connections between the motors

Connect one wire of your power supply to 4 & 9, the other to 5 & 8.

Connect your motor to 6 & 7.

Cheers,

Mick

The S lever has three SPDT switches - one is a momentary, the other two are maintained.

Pair up the two maintained switches as a DPDT changeover.

Most of the diagrams on the PDF are for a split-rail supply of +/0/- volts, but the diagram on page 5 should do.

https://www.dccconcepts.com/manual/controlling-motor-pointwork-using-cobalt-s-levers-2/

Although it shows an interlocked 3 way point, ignore the interlock connections between the motors

Connect one wire of your power supply to 4 & 9, the other to 5 & 8.

Connect your motor to 6 & 7.

Cheers,

Mick

Ahh...light blub momment!.

Cheers Mick that makes sense now, i think i`ve been getting wires mixed up (literally) whilst looking back and forth through the various pages..

Ta,

Brian.

Brian

Never used these levers but looking here at there diagrams I believe the following should work

post-28417-0-21231400-1532264322_thumb.jpg

The wiring in the instructions shows the use of a duel power supply that has 3 connections, 0V, (+)9V & (-)9V

If you use a duel power supply then

the 0V goes to one terminal of the point motor ,

the (+)12v goes to terminal 4 on the connection strip from the lever 

the (-)12v goes to terminal 5 on the connection strip from the lever &

terminal 6 on the lever terminal strip goes to the other side of the point motor

Hope this helps

John

PS it looks like others have beat me to it answered this while I was preparing my reply

Cheers John,

It all help`s especially if someone else is having a senior momment like i had today!.

And of course it`s always usefully to have this info here too...

Ta,

Brian.

• Like 1