Replica Railways

Guest teacupteacup

Guest teacupteacup

I havent seen a thread for Replica Railways in general

I ordered some bits and pieces on friday and they arrived on saturday morning.  Very impressed with their service on the phone and speed of posting

Very impressed with the fully finished Mk1 BG bodies for 2 quid!

• RMweb Gold

A big fan of Replica Railways bits and pieces, always come away with a bag of useful bits at any exhibitions I see them.

I also come away with a lot of useful tips and tricks from them also.

It would be nice if we saw then re-enter the rtr scene with models again.

Edited by adb968008

• 5 months later...

Are the BGs any good ? Very cheap but the bogies look a bit plastic ....is it possible to rewheek with Bachmann bogies ?

They are the correct shape etc but need flush glazing. The 2 I had both had plastic wheels so they need rewheeling, I sold them a long time ago so not sure how easy it would be to put Bachmann bogies on but I imagine that it is feasible.

• RMweb Gold

They are the correct shape etc but need flush glazing. The 2 I had both had plastic wheels so they need rewheeling, I sold them a long time ago so not sure how easy it would be to put Bachmann bogies on but I imagine that it is feasible.

Must have picked up some older ones.

Their newer ones have flush glazing and Hornby metal wheels, B4 bogies.

All for £13.50 new from their stand.

The bogies are clip fit, Bachmann bogies are screw fit, as long as you had a screw with the right thickness, or a nut/bolt/washer you can get them to fit.

Matt varnish however takes the shine off the existing bogies.

I recently rebogied a rake of ICCharter mk1’s with new replica kit commonwealth/b4 bogies and added narrow Bachmann couplings painted the springs, wheel rims and absorbers, came up good for £1.95 for 2.

• RMweb Gold

Are the BGs any good ? Very cheap but the bogies look a bit plastic ....is it possible to rewheek with Bachmann bogies ?

Just give them a going over with a fibreglass brush to key the surface, then weather. The work of moments.

John

A vote of confidence here for some of the transfers that they do are actually much better than some of the other competition. Their GBRf 66s ones easily molded to the side of the body of the engine, where as others were rigid and didn't flex as much.

Excellent service and agree about them sadly missing from RTR.

• RMweb Gold

A vote of confidence here for some of the transfers that they do are actually much better than some of the other competition. Their GBRf 66s ones easily molded to the side of the body of the engine, where as others were rigid and didn't flex as much.

Excellent service and agree about them sadly missing from RTR.

I have a box of Replica transfers from the 1990’s.. loads of them. They used to have a fantastic rub on transfer range.

Still enough to keep me going for years.

• RMweb Premium

The range of rub on transfers they did were fantastic . I wish the whole range, especially the coach and TOPS loco numbers were still fully available. 

I got the coach lining transfers from there stand at Bristol (recommended by Tony Wright) and I was impressed with the result. I needed some loco late crest transfers so I rang them on Thursday 20th of December and they arrived the next day.  I would recommend the transfers to anyone.

I am starting to modify my Hornby class 110 unit with one of there rtr chassis units.

here is the coach I built and used there transfers

post-12366-0-89576100-1546540615.jpg

Mark    

I have bought coach parts, coach kits (BR long non-gangwayed coaches pre-finished in green), motorised chassis and transfers from Replica, and for every transaction they have been courteous, friendly and informative. Post to Australia takes a bit longer (which is not their fault!), so I always have to be patient awaiting the arrival of whatever I have ordered, but everything is always exactly as required.

Great service, and great guys.

• RMweb Premium

The one piece shells are great for chopping about.... especially if it's a full height cut into the bodyside.

post-408-0-36104600-1546558816_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed their website is no longer available, just when I was thinking of purchasing some BCK Mk1's

That's strange, as the website was available as normal this past weekend, as I was on it looking at the spares and also at the list of exhibitions they will be attending in 2019 (which doesn't include ModelRail Scotland this year, it seems) 

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, hallmodelspares said:

Tried the last couple of weeks to access the website, its down on mine. Anyone else having this problem or have they been able to make contact via email, etc? The shop they operate seems only open on saturday and no other day in the week according to google

Reported elsewhere - website is down, give them a call and leave a message if you don't get through.