B4 number 30093 on Poole Quay

peter204

I want to renumber a Dapol B4 to represent number 30093, which seems to be the loco most associated with the Poole Quay tramway.  Does anyone know if she every received the late crest, or was she withdrawn still with the early crest?

I've bought the late crest Dapol model because it has the right shaped spectacle plates, whereas the early crest version doesn't.  From what photos I can find, I'm pretty sure that I need to change the crest as well but thought I'd check on here to see if anyone knew differently.

Cheers, Peter

Edited by peter204

• RMweb Gold

I want to renumber a Dapol B4 to represent number 30093, which seems to be the loco most associated with the Poole Quay tramway.  Does anyone know if she every received the late crest, or was she withdrawn still with the early crest?

I've bought the late crest Dapol model because it has the right shaped spectacle plates, whereas the early crest version doesn't.  From what photos I can find, I'm pretty sure that I need to change the crest as well but thought I'd check on here to see if anyone knew differently.

Cheers, Peter

AFAIK, 30096, the version of the Dapol model you have bought, was the only member of the class to carry the late crest.

John

Thanks, John. 

That's really helpful.  All the photos I could find of 30093 showed an early crest, but thought I'd check before taking the plunge!

My grandparents lived near Poole and, when I was a small child, we used to go to a cafe on the quayside.  I remember the tramway in operation, but was far too young to remember which crest!!

Many thanks again,

Peter