Lima Class 33 Wheels?

Andrew P

Hi Guys and Gals, does anyone know of a suppier of replacement wheels for the original Lima O Gauge 33 Bogies?

I've tried Slaters and PR Models to no avail.

I don't want to go down the road of replacement Bogies etc, as it's just a cheapie project.

Cheers.

Edited by Andrew P

What's your issue with the standard ones Andy?

Flanges seem to be touching the Chairs Ian, and lifting through the Peco Points a bit as well. I have wheel drop reducers in the Point V which may be exaggerating the situation as well.

• RMweb Gold

Ah right, peco track of course. That expains why I don;t have problems with my handbuilt track ;)

if it's just the flanges could the wheels not be removed and the flanges turned down? - I'll have a look at mine tonight ....

Guest Isambarduk

Hi Andy, Roxey Moulding do a 3ft 7" wheel insulated one side, may be of interest http://www.roxeymouldings.co.uk/

Failing that, if you post the offending wheels to me, Andy, I'll introduce them to my lathe!

One thing though, I'll have to pretend that I don't know that they are wheels from a mainline diesel ;-)

David

Failing that, if you post the offending wheels to me, Andy, I'll introduce them to my lathe!

One thing though, I'll have to pretend that I don't know that they are wheels from a mainline diesel ;-)

David

Cheers David, I'll see what Ian / Redgates comes up with tonight, and if no joy, I will take you up on your kind offer.

BTW, Very interesting Website David.

Thanks.

Edited by Andrew P

Cheers David, I'll see what Ian / Redgates comes up with tonight, and if no joy, I will take you up on your kind offer.

BTW, Very interesting Website David.

Thanks.

As an addition to what has been suggested before, Peartree Engineering do diesel wheels, but if the Roxey ones are a faf, then you're better off having them turned down a bit.

Davids website is a great read, he's done some lovely work on his San Cheng brass locomotives to give them a lift.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

One of our Club members who builds 5 inch Gauge live Steam has offered to have a look at the wheels for me as he has a couple of lathes.

I have PM'd David / isambarduk,  to thank him for his kind offer as well.

• RMweb Premium

Flanges seem to be touching the Chairs Ian, and lifting through the Peco Points a bit as well. I have wheel drop reducers in the Point V which may be exaggerating the situation as well.

Hi Andy

The flanges are catching the chairs on the track. :scratchhead: 

Solution, change the track :scenic:

It is alright I am already going back under the stone I came from :bye: :bye:

• RMweb Gold

OK, stripped mine down this evening, problem is wheels are very tight on the axles. Without a specific puller chances are the plastic chassis is at risk praising them off. If you want to have a go Andy I'll spin them down to Slaters sort of size

OK, stripped mine down this evening, problem is wheels are very tight on the axles. Without a specific puller chances are the plastic chassis is at risk praising them off. If you want to have a go Andy I'll spin them down to Slaters sort of size

Cheers Ian, I'll strip mine down and have a look to see if they will move a bit.

Hello Andy, when you have the axles out try dropping them in a jug of very very warm water for a few minutes, this should warm up the insulation bush enough to make it easier to pull off the wheel by hand.

HTH

Craig

That would help possibly with the trailing bogie as you can get the wheels out intact. The drive bogie is different, you need to get one wheel off to get the axles out.

Aah yes sorry Ian, it was earlyish when I typed this !!!

Best regards

Craig

• Like 1