Budgie

GWR Junction Signals

Thanks for the info and apologies if this question is covered in another thread, but can anyone confirm based on practical experience whether these operate by passing contact ie (on)-(on) switches or latching, ie on-on ones?  I have seen the Modeller review implying that the switches are latching and the photo seems to support that, but there is also a comment somewhere that these require passing contact only for operation to avoid burn out, like the previous single arm ones.  It's a lot of money to take a chance that there is now a sensible operating method in force.  Many thanks in advance for any information.

Hello gents, here are the Dapol instructions for the new GWR bracket signal, I have just installed the oo gauge lh bracket version on my layout 'Sproston'.

Hope this helps.

Regards

(SIGTECH)

Steve.

Scan_1.pdf Scan_2.pdf

• Thanks 2

Hi, Many thanks for this, very timely as considering a purchase for my layout.

Alan

• Thanks 1

Followers of this thread about the new Dapol 4mm scale bracket signals might be interested in my experiences as described in my layout thread 'Stoke Courtenay', as per link below.

BS3.jpg.4c8f73a40752710c235ba95049cf85d0.jpg

John C.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

The new signals are very nice with the servo operation, I have unpluged the servos from the intrernal

board and connected them to a Megapoint servo controller to run on DCC, I hope they are going to revamp

the single post signal to servo so I can do the same with them.

Edited by gwrcollet
bad spelling
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Bought my left hander today.  First impressions are good.  It’s a neatly modelled signal with the railings and ladders looking first class, and includes switches, presumably passing contact, which the single arm versions didn’t, so I’m not complaining about the price. I doubt I could kit build a junction signal to this standard, never mind having it operating and lit. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Impressions are being validated; I've got the signal out of the box, plugged it into the base/servo unit, wired it up, and it all works, perfectly.  One criticism so far, shared with one of the single arm signals bought earlier this year; the ladder came away at the top, easily fixed with a spot of poly cement.  The servo system is impressive, and I'm liking the bounce; not exactly perfect but pretty good and there is much less of a 'motor driven' feeling to the return, and it looks more like it is being pulled back by the counterbalance as it should.

Problem now is mounting the signal.  Beneath the baseboard is a half inch gap and then a support shelf that will, together, be too much for the threaded part of the signal base to show through enough to plug properly into the servo unit.  I'm going to have to cut a good bit of the support shelf away in situ to accommodate the servo unit, and I'm wondering if re-siting the signal would be a better option.  Perhaps I can mount the whole thing above board for sighting reasons over the top of the road bridge, but any solution I can think of at the moment for that will be a bit contrived and I know I'll never be happy with it.  Most likely I'll just cut away the end of the support shelf.

Following an impressive amount of faff with the underboard, which is not the signal's fault, the thing is now installed and working; Cwmdimbath's main signalling is complete.  This is a better product all round than the single post signals, with the servo unit making wiring up almost 'shake the box' easy, and the level of illumination much lower and more acceptable.  My power supply wasn't up to the job of operating all 4 signals, though, and the bracket signals are on a separate supply, so all are now functioning perfectly.  Well done Dapol!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Does anyone know if the LH version has been released yet please? Everywhere seems to be out of stock, so I guess I've either missed out or its awaiting release.

***Edit*** it's in stock on Dapol website so guess its just been popular! 

Edited by Markn
  • Agree 1