2mm LB&SCR and SE&CR Carriage and LB&SCR Wagon transfers as well as 4mm Umber period loco ones too

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I am about to squeeze in some SE&CR and LB&SCR 2mm Carriage transfers down the edge of the 4mm LB&SCR Umber Loco transfer sheet I am about to send off for printing in Tasmania, similar to the 7mm ones now available - see 

http://www.mjwsjw.co.uk/transfers.html.

I want to know the sizes of the large 1,2,3 on the door panels and the First, Second, Numbers, SE&CR, etc., that are in the waist moulding. I have drawn these all but now need to get the correct heights.

I know all the LB&SCR data as that is what I have been modelling for the last 45 years. I did help build locos and stock for Wateringbury - Chatham club in the 1970's so actually have done some other than LB&SCR modelling in my life, but not much!

Cheers

Ian in Blackpool

Edited by ianmaccormac

Hi Ian,

As it happens I was at the Bluebell only today, measuring up two of their SE&CR coaches. Unfortunately I didn't think to measure up the numbers and lettering but I did get some photos of the lettering which, combined with the measurements of the beading I took, should let me calculate the height of the lettering and numbers. Give me about an hour and I should hopefully have some information for you!

Linny

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

A bit of playing around with the photos and some known dimensions has yielded the following (full-size) dimensions. Unfortunately the only class designation numbers I could photograph were third class. I've included the black shadow/shading in the dimensions. I hope this helps!

Linny

post-793-0-42406600-1532636528_thumb.png

post-793-0-43930000-1532636543_thumb.png

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I am about to squeeze in some SE&CR and LB&SCR 2mm Carriage transfers down the edge of the 4mm LB&SCR Umber Loco transfer sheet I am about to send off for printing in Tasmania, similar to the 7mm ones now available - see 

http://www.mjwsjw.co.uk/transfers.html.

I want to know the sizes of the large 1,2,3 on the door panels and the First, Second, Numbers, SE&CR, etc., that are in the waist moulding. I have drawn these all but now need to get the correct heights.

I know all the LB&SCR data as that is what I have been modelling for the last 45 years. I did help build locos and stock for Wateringbury - Chatham club in the 1970's so actually have done some other than LB&SCR modelling in my life, but not much!

Cheers

Ian in Blackpool

will these be on offer ?

thanks in anticipation

Nick

• RMweb Premium

Well I'm just pleased to be able to help out. I agree, it's a great hobby for helping each other out and many have helped me with info in the past and Linny came up with dimensions from the Blue bell that he was visiting yesterday! How lucky for that to occur as he lives in Edinburgh I believe? Anyway, I'm packing the car and laptop n bits will travel and I will have it all ready to go off upon my return. There will be 4mm LBSCR umber loco livery, 2mm LBSCR and SECR carriage artwork on one sheet. Hopefully will sell a bit quicker than the 7mm Version. I will cut the sheet into 3 parts to facilitate the sales. Cheers Ian

Edited by ianmaccormac

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well I have retitled this topic to put all the bits under one heading. The home made 4mm Carriage transfers are available now and the following is to show poor resolution pics of the 4mm Umber Loco, the 2mm LB&SCR Wagon, Carriage and SE&CR Carriage transfers that are being printed by Wessex Transfers in Tasmania and should be with me in a few weeks time. When looking at the low resolution pictures, anything showing in Yellow will appear as White on the finished, professionally printed transfers. All are waterslide type, I don't think these are to scale as they are just low res jpegs.

Hope this is of use.

Cheers

Ian

post-2173-0-09480700-1534605650_thumb.jpgpost-2173-0-20522200-1534605683_thumb.jpgpost-2173-0-29141200-1534605711.jpgpost-2173-0-35831600-1534605729.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Craig

I didn't realise the websites accepted comments so haven't been checking, sorry. Nothing has come to my hotmail account from you.

But you have me now!

The various bits are due for delivery from Australia today according to the tracking. I shall be able to sort out costs once the import charge is known. I will post here as well as on the website. The website is David's area and he is getting the next Brighton Circle magazine produced this week so it will be next week for a website update at the earliest.

Hopefully I will post on here later today details of 4mm loco, 2mm carriage, 2mm wagon, 2mm SECR carriage and anything else that has arrived. The 4mm home produced LBSCR and SECR carriage transfers are available now.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Cheers Ian

Edited by ianmaccormac

• RMweb Premium

Well they all arrived. Brilliant. Now who wants some?

4mm LB&SCR Umber £20 including postage. Enough for several locos.

3 different sizes of numbers, and LB&SCR or LBSC. 4 raspberrys or logos for the H1,H2 or Gladstone or B4 splashers.

A1 splashers, D tank splashers, lots of E3,4,5,6 parts. Black, gold, black for the Westinghouse pump, gold and black for valancing - specific shapes for K, J, H etc.

Lots of straight lining with corners and lots of other bits including tender valancing.post-2173-0-01778300-1536079910_thumb.jpg

Edited by ianmaccormac
  • Like 1

Hi Craig

I didn't realise the websites accepted comments so haven't been checking, sorry. Nothing has come to my hotmail account from you.

But you have me now!

The various bits are due for delivery from Australia today according to the tracking. I shall be able to sort out costs once the import charge is known. I will post here as well as on the website. The website is David's area and he is getting the next Brighton Circle magazine produced this week so it will be next week for a website update at the earliest.

Hopefully I will post on here later today details of 4mm loco, 2mm carriage, 2mm wagon, 2mm SECR carriage and anything else that has arrived. The 4mm home produced LBSCR and SECR carriage transfers are available now.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Cheers Ian

Dear Ian,

Thanks for info will send a cheque for a set of 4mmm loco transfers tomorrow.

Many thanks,

Craig.