RES / Rail Express Systems Decals

Hi folks.

I'm about to embark on building a PCV in RES livery. The only fly in the ointment is that I cannot find RES decals anywhere. Particularly the RES logo. I have found texts that I could use for the name and numbering, but i cannot find decals for the block pattern logo anywhere. I've asked Fox and Railtec, but no joy. Does anyone know of a company that produces them anywhere?

Many thanks indeed!

David

Thank you so much! I couldn't find them on their site, emailed them on friday and was told they didn't do them. How odd! Anyhow, crisis over. Much appreciated. Thank you.

That's strange David as Fox do make them: https://fox-transfers.co.uk/res-loco-van-symbols-63696 along with several other Res items - the codes are F418* assuming you're working in OO

The Fox transfers don't seem to be a perfect match for the Railmatch Express Grey - has anyone tried the Phoenix equivalent?

I can't speak on anyone else's behalf other than my own, but I know from lengthy experience that trying to match a specific paint colour with a transfer can be an absolute nightmare. You might even think that something as simple as a white or black would be an easy match to achieve, but once you start to look closely, there are a surprising number of hues of blacks and whites - and that's before you get into any other colours. It may also depend on how the end user has mixed the paint, possibly even the conditions under which the paint was applied. If you haven't already done so it may be worth dropping them a line to ask what their thoughts are - it makes them aware and at least gives them the chance to do something about it if it transpires that this is the route required. Afterall, they may not have resources to actively monitor forum threads.

• 1 year later...
24 minutes ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

Ye olde thread revival. Does anyone know the font used by RES for their loco numbers please? I was hopeful that Railtec might do a custom numbering set but it seems not for Rail Express Systems, and their RES loco numbering pack is also out of stock so it's going to have to be a print at home job.

I can do custom loco numbering incl Res via the "loco number of choice" offering here:

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3123

I have the typefaces (and licence) for Res bits with most of the loco fleet already on file traced for correct spacing of the numbers.  Some of them were obviously smaller than "standard" Res too.

4 minutes ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

Having asked about, you cannot use standard rail alphabet numbers on RES locos, they used Frutiger 75 Black font for their numerals and lettering. Does anyone print these in smaller quantities for just just doing one spoon rather than a full fleet?!

Yes, any loco number of your choice made up as one transfer here:

Spot printed so no superfluous carrier film, the individual loco traced to get the accurate number spacing, and you get a spare. Also the correct size typeface for the loco as they varied (you'll notice that some Res 47 numbers for example are much smaller than others).

4 minutes ago, railtec-models said:

Yes, any loco number of your choice made up as one transfer here:

Spot printed so no superfluous carrier film, the individual loco traced to get the accurate number spacing, and you get a spare. Also the correct size typeface for the loco as they varied (you'll notice that some Res 47 numbers for example are much smaller than others).

Oh, ah- OK!! It looked like they were all default standard rail alphabet so I dismissed them- you may have lost other custom through others making that wrong assumption!  I need to work out what loco I want now, which could require some thinking time/etched plate procurement...