How Not To Draw Attention To Yourself

• RMweb Gold

My experience of Northern suggests they will have learned the lesson until it happens again. At that point they`ll do exactly the same thing again, however by that time someone will have created a form to fill in for just such an occasion. The relevant member of staff probably removed from frontline duty for a couple of weeks while the incident is investigated.

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, nigb55009 said:

My experience of Northern suggests they will have learned the lesson until it happens again. At that point they`ll do exactly the same thing again, however by that time someone will have created a form to fill in for just such an occasion. The relevant member of staff probably removed from frontline duty for a couple of weeks while the incident is investigated.

My experience of Northern, when it comes to the staff, is a mixture of line of easiest resistance, a bunch of jobsworths, and people trying to do their best. Fortunately the last seem to be the most common, although definitely not universal throughout.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 01/08/2018 at 14:37, Nearholmer said:

If you wanna see the shiny bits,

Then look at the bling,

And the great big dangly thing

Hanging on a string.

If they ain’t enough,

To catch the flicker,

Drive more slowly;

You ain’t fit to go quicker.

@Nearholmer You really have missed your vocation in life!

Edited by rodent279

Re Blackpool. Stopping traincrew is a bit extreme but Blackpool generally has more than its fair share of members of the public who should not be allowed out without a responsible adult. The platforms are closed until departure time partly for crowd control but also because its easier to contain a fight on the concourse than across the platforms. Hence the no tolerance approach. 

Edited by Wheatley

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Wheatley said:

Re Blackpool. Stopping traincrew is a bit extreme but Blackpool generally has more than its fair share of members of the public who should not be allowed out without a responsible adult. The platforms are closed until departure time partly for crowd control but also because its easier to contain a fight on the concourse than across the platforms. Hence the no tolerance approach. 

I guess it's partly because the nature of the place means there's more than the usual amount of "drunk & disorderly" types.

I would have thought that confining a crowd in one area, rather than spreading them out, and then creating an artificial rush onto trains, might be more likely to lead to fights ! Barriers prevent non-travellers gaining access to the platforms anyway, and Blackpool North's policy applies through the day, not just at times when drunken hordes can be expected. It is most definitely passenger-unfriendly. 

• Like 1