Rails announce exclusive edition of Dapol's O gauge Terrier

Andy Y

Rails Limited Exclusive Edition
Boxhill
Boxhill%20Terrier%20B.jpg?preset=large

Dapol O Gauge 'Boxhill' LBSCR Improved engine green A1 Class Terrier Locomotive No.82

We are pleased to announce an exclusive O Gauge Terrier. 'Boxhill' in LBSCR improved engine green.

Only 150 pieces are available of this limited edition model.

The locomotive is on the ocean and will be in stock late August.

£225.00
PRE-ORDER NOW TO WITH A £30.00 DEPOSIT

Please note: The image is of an early pre-production sample. Various important design changes have been made to the final production model.

The locomotive features include:
Sprung metal buffers
Die cast Running plate for extra quality and weight
Complete with firebox glow and flicker
Sprung metal coupling hook and screw coupling
Etched plates where applicable
Finely moulded body with many separately added fine details
Cast profiled wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
Tungsten chassis and all wheel pick up
Powerful 5 pole skew wound motor with refined slow running control

History:
More formally known as the London, Brighton & South Coast (LB&SCR) A1 Class, this locomotive became affectionately known as the Terrier due to the distinct bark of the exhaust. The class was designed by William Stroudley and 50 were built between 1872 and 1880 at the Brighton Works in Sussex. The original workings of the locomotive on the main London Lines of the class were eventually displaced by newer and more powerful locomotives and by the LB&SCR electrification scheme. Some of the locomotives were sold to other operators but most were used for Branchline work and non revenue generating operations such as shunting. In this role the class continued in service until the 1960’s with the final active locomotive being decommissioned on the Hayling Island Line in Hampshire on November 1963. In all 10 Terriers survive into preservation.
  • Like 1

At the risk of kicking the New Engine Green hornets nest, is it intended that this version will match the earlier Dapol releases in this livery ? I seem to remember it coming in for some negative comments when they came out.

Speaking personally I would rather it matched my Waddon, but don't want to order if they've 'tweeked' it.

The previous 7mm A1s have, I believe, featured the wooden brake blocks, and only the A1X came with iron shoes. 

This model is, therefore, I would think the first Dapol A1 to feature iron shoes.  This is quite correct for Box Hill, both as-built and as-preserved, because she came from the final batch of 1880 that were built with iron shoes, so this is a really nice touch.  The "fastidious" amongst us can remove the otiose under-valance sand boxes if we wish.  In other respects it conforms with the general catalogue Terriers, which have been a strong product for Dapol.

• 1 month later...

I am pleased to confirm that our exclusive O gauge 'Boxhill' arrived this morning!

All pre-orders are currently being processed and will be despatched shortly.

We still have a small amount available of this 150 limited run.

Click here for more details:

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/36444/Dapol-7s-010-017-o-gauge-boxhill-stroudley-terrier-a1-class-lbscr-improved-engine-green-0-6-0-locomotive-no-82

post-31247-0-72078100-1536750621_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-01104500-1536750628_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-50252400-1536750634_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-21901100-1536750644_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-39079700-1536750650_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Christmas has come early a box arrived in the post this morning look what was in it. Only downer Dapol's QC is as usual as I took it out of the box one of the rear steps dropped off. nothing a drop of glue won't sort. It might get a run out at the NEC but we are supposedly running "Lowick" as Furness Branch line. It will be getting a run out at Folkstone Show next year when the layout reverts to being "Scratchy Bottom".

Marc

post-13539-0-23729800-1536914517_thumb.jpg

post-13539-0-90768000-1536914533_thumb.jpg

• Like 3