Totnes

Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

This may be of interest. It shows the short period of running into and out of the up platform by the DVR.

Some interesting liveries of the HSTs. Footage of 'Totnes Riverside' (I think it was still called back then) or 'Totnes Littlehempston' show it before the old Toller station building was finished. Visiting motive power is shown.

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

They're installing a new footbridge at Totnes so God knows how you'll access the station cafe in the signal box.

Good point Robin. Also the the pond (with goldfish) and small garden has now gone. I remember seeing the winning certificates for best station garden competition (in the 60s) on the booking office wall.

post-6728-0-33588800-1533367836.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

They're installing a new footbridge at Totnes so God knows how you'll access the station cafe in the signal box.

Good point Robin. Also the the pond (with goldfish) and small garden has now gone. I remember seeing the winning certificates for best station garden competition (in the 60s) on the booking office wall.

That small garden was much loved by the staff back then.

Some pictures that l took back in the 70s

post-6728-0-42538200-1533368002.jpg

The coach was part of the Newton breakdown set which was sent to re-rail several milk tanks that the shunter had managed to de-rail.  It was during a hot spell (much like now) and l recall the stink for weeks of hundreds of gallons of spilt milk.  Any ideas about what the coach is? The norm was (IIRC) was for old Collett coaches. 

post-6728-0-90557800-1533368031.jpg

One from way back.

post-6728-0-39583700-1533368633.jpg

An interesting combination!

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 8/3/2018 at 9:37 PM, gwrrob said:

They are due to get their own set of steps soon. The actual footbridge project seems to be a couple of months behind schedule, according to a couple of contractor fellows I spoke to a few weeks ago.

• Informative/Useful 2