Modular Meet 3 Proposal - October 2019 Hants/ Berks. Keeping & building momentum...

Zomboid

October 2019 Modular Meet  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it?

• Yes
    • Not really (don't really need this option but the forum software insisted...)

I'm on record as saying that the best way to get this off the ground is to actually hold some events. With that in mind, I'm going to grasp the nettle and propose a follow-up to Cromptonnut's May 2019 meet.

No commitments required at the moment, it's just to see if it's worthwhile making further investigations on the basis that we all have fun next May. This is certainly not supposed to be a competitor/ replacement for the May event. It'd be in the general area of the northern end of Hampshire/ Berkshire, and as the title suggests I think October 2019 would be a good time for it.

So, who thinks they may fancy it?

Edited by Zomboid
  • Like 3

Once you have a date set I'll gladly add it to my signature and advertise both.

However, you might want to rename this thread, particularly as the word "momentum" may trigger the "no politics" rule  :senile:

Edited by cromptonnut

Yes, it is a long way in the future, and I'm not planning on taking much action for some time. And if anyone's wife's birthday makes a particular date not possible then it will probably not be the winner.

Really it's to try and ensure that the May event is not another one off, and maybe making clear that this is the intention might help make up the mind of anyone who's wavering about building something compatible...

• Like 1

Really it's to try and ensure that the May event is not another one off, and maybe making clear that this is the intention might help make up the mind of anyone who's wavering about building something compatible...

… because someone may think "there's no way this will be ready by May" and give up … however with another 5 months or so, it may just be the push they need to get on with it.

Of course, once a module is "built" and at least useable - ie right height, track in right places and electrically function on at least the through lines - then further scenic work can be done afterwards.  I find the push to actually start the board is the hard bit, once I've actually got the frame built and the track in place, everything else seems to become much easier.

Alternatively, use May as a 'test bed' in preparation for the October meet :)

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...