Hi,

A layout I operate on from time to time. Thought it was too good not to share, below is a link to its Flickr page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135257675@N08

I'm not on RMweb very often, if at all so any comments/contact are best directed via the link to the layout's owner. Thanks and enjoy the pictures!

Carl

Edited by Carl. H.
  • Like 15

Wow, that is impressive. If you didn't know any better you would think that it was an OO gauge layout.

Thanks. I have always tried to create a realistic looking model, the smaller scale of N presents some challenges but rally I think you have to approach the problems with a fresh view and not try to scale OO techniques down.

Hi,

Really nice looking layout.

Carl

Hi, One of the original specs was to produce a natural looking layout and to further increase the difficulty we decieded to set it in winter! But not with the cliche of a snow covered scene. I still think the ground cover looks too green in places, the idea was to show the dead growth from 'last summer'

I followed the Flickr link in your first post.

The model is remarkable, and completely captures the look and feel of the real thing.

John.

Thanks John, when we were at the Doncaster show there was a stream of people who came over from Shirebrook or worked there in the past who said the same, that was very uplifting to hear.

post-25565-0-47866300-1533558255_thumb.jpg

Been there, done that! But no tee-shirt.

Would still be good to see more here.

Hi Joseph, Sorry you are having problems, I just tested the link and it worked fine. I have 146 photographs on flickr showing progress over the last 4 years. It will be difficult to transfere them here, please try the link again, either click on it or copy and paste into your browser, and here's a teaser

• Like 17
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif41070839975_1a0224a3dc_k.jpg

Hi Joseph, Sorry you are having problems, I just tested the link and it worked fine. I have 146 photographs on flickr showing progress over the last 4 years. It will be difficult to transfere them here, please try the link again, either click on it or copy and paste into your browser, and here's a teaser

Not sure that I found all 146. But great work anyway.

Do you have any exhibition outings planned?

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Excellent layout, saw it at the Doncaster show this year.

I remember getting a train from my relatives in Nottingham up to Alfreton and Mansfield parkway then the bus to Shirebrook back in the early 1980s. The town was very grimy and run down but a short walk to the depot made it worth while. My uncle who was a sales rep meet me at lunchtime and we blagged a quick look round the depot.

• Like 1

That's some absolutely fantastic modelling Duncan. The winter scene is really nice and something different, makes me feel cold just looking at the pics! You've got a lovely consistent finish across the layout and stock too, something so often missing

Jo