Thanks Jo

It's a matter of downsizing really. It is  quite a challenge to bring all the operating team together for exhibitions, they are widely spread from Yorkshire, Lancashire, Nottinghsmshire, Lincolnshire and Germany, and I dont have space at home to set the layout up for long periods. Please spread the word about the sale if anyone is interested, the majority of the stock will have to go too, thats about 500 pieces....and 60 locos....

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Stuart,

Haven't found any buyers yet!!! I would be reluctant to break the model up but perhaps storage sidings could be sold separately, the stock will be sold separately assuming no one comes along with an offer for the lot!

Yes last appearance at TINGS would be fitting and I hope it will attract lots of visitors to the event.

Cheers

Edited by Duncan.
typo
  • Like 5

On 20/12/2023 at 17:04, Duncan. said:

Hi,

Here is the proposed plan for the new layout. I won't be postng any more info about it in this thread. I will start a new thread for it in the new year.

SmallSidingsModel(1).jpg.bedf583d2adfe48f6702b1c5f2349016.jpg

Blue numbers show elevations... those of you that are sharp eyed will notice that the through line is on a continously falling gradient.

It will be set in the second half of the 1960s based on a prototype near Bolton Lancashire, so will feature early diesels and the reminants of steam- oh no there I've said it!

Seasons Greetings

Like the gradient on Shirebrook? 

😃😃😃😃😃

Sorry could not resist.......

es grüßt

pc 

• Funny 2

Evening Duncan.

This is a truly fantastic layout. One of my favourite the circuit.

Truly inspirational.

Hope it finds a good home.  I just wish I had the space (and the money!).

I might be interested in some of the stock if you decide to sell it separately.

Dolig Llawen,

Christian.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 20/12/2023 at 17:04, Duncan. said:

Hi,

Here is the proposed plan for the new layout. I won't be postng any more info about it in this thread. I will start a new thread for it in the new year.

SmallSidingsModel(1).jpg.bedf583d2adfe48f6702b1c5f2349016.jpg

Blue numbers show elevations... those of you that are sharp eyed will notice that the through line is on a continously falling gradient.

It will be set in the second half of the 1960s based on a prototype near Bolton Lancashire, so will feature early diesels and the reminants of steam- oh no there I've said it!

Seasons Greetings

Daubhill?

• Like 1

Happy New Year to all

Shirebrook's Final Year....

Well it is both a happy and sad new year for me. Shirebook has been part of my life for 25 years. I hope sincerely that an individual , group or club will take the layout on after I retire it at TINGS in September. I would like to offer my thanks for inviting Shirebrook to this prestigious N gauge event, it will make for a fitting finale for the layout , and I hope give as many of you as possible to view the model in the flesh as opposed to a computer screen or in the pages of a magazine.

My new project will be of a very different era and subject- (please see above), so not only is the layout for sale but  also the majority of the stock.

To that end those of you that attend the TINGS event may well end up taking a loco or rolling stock home with you. I will be running a raffle, the lucky  entrants whose tickets are 'pulled from the hat' will be presented with a loco or rolling stock run at the show.

More details will follow nearer the time.

Cheers

Duncan

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Things must be bad on the ECML if not only are they diverting via Shirebrook they've had to travel back in time too 🤣

Hi Woodenhead,

Today's running day was arranged for one of our operators, Robert, after he received a terminal diagnosis for returning cancer. Sadly he passed away earlier this week. We continued with the running day at his and his son Harry's request. Harry also operates the layout. The stock on the layout in the main belonged to the operators.

You may be aware that Shirebrook will be retiring from the exhibition circuit later this year, our final shows being Loughborough in August and TINGS (Leamington Spa) in September. It has been my intention to hold raffles with some of the locos and stock from Shirebook up as prizes. We will be sending profits from the raffles to Manorlands Hospice, who looked after Robert in his final days. Please repost and get as much support as possible. 

Final details TBC but I hope tickets will be £1 each. One of the prizes will be a weathered 50149 from Dapol, other prizes will be some items of rolling stock and probably a class 56 from the Shirebrook stock box.

Cheers and thanks

Duncan

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2024 at 20:31, Duncan. said:

Hi Woodenhead,

Today's running day was arranged for one of our operators, Robert, after he received a terminal diagnosis for returning cancer. Sadly he passed away earlier this week. We continued with the running day at his and his son Harry's request. Harry also operates the layout. The stock on the layout in the main belonged to the operators.

You may be aware that Shirebrook will be retiring from the exhibition circuit later this year, our final shows being Loughborough in August and TINGS (Leamington Spa) in September. It has been my intention to hold raffles with some of the locos and stock from Shirebook up as prizes. We will be sending profits from the raffles to Manorlands Hospice, who looked after Robert in his final days. Please repost and get as much support as possible. 

Final details TBC but I hope tickets will be £1 each. One of the prizes will be a weathered 50149 from Dapol, other prizes will be some items of rolling stock and probably a class 56 from the Shirebrook stock box.

Cheers and thanks

Duncan

Hi @Duncan. - is the attendance of the layout at those shows confirmed?  I'd love to see it before it's retired.  Also will you be updating here with regards the raffle - it would be nice to contribute.

5 hours ago, gingerangles said:

Hi @Duncan. - is the attendance of the layout at those shows confirmed?  I'd love to see it before it's retired.  Also will you be updating here with regards the raffle - it would be nice to contribute.

I can be cheeky, ‘cos I’m helping with Shirebrook at both exhibitions - but yes both are confirmed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gingerangles said:

1 hour ago, Andy_C said:

I can be cheeky, ‘cos I’m helping with Shirebrook at both exhibitions - but yes both are confirmed. 

Hi @gingerangles

As Andy said both shows are confirmed. I will be updating raffle news on both Shirebrook  and Hobbs Bridge  Goods threads. Thank you for your support. I hope I can sell tickets to RMweb members pre event.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2