Guildex 2018 - Telford Shropshire

Rob Pulham

The International Centre, St Quentin's Gate, Telford, Shropshire
Admission fee of £15.00 is for Adult and Partner and two children. Members charge is £10.00 on production of a valid bar coded membership card. This is the flagship international event for all 7mm to 1 ft modelling. The AGM is held on the Sunday afternoon separately from the exhibition. There will be Guild technical, membership, sales and publications available. The Guild Executor and Bring and Buy stands will also feature. Demonstrations will include a number of new demos  MORE DETAILS HERE...

30061508308_37cd855865_b.jpg

30061506948_3b4fbfe9be_b.jpg

28993397557_f4814abb0b_b.jpg

42121735890_f7fde31e58_b.jpg

43882099352_7f3cf52757_b.jpg

30061515998_2e760efd47_b.jpg

For ease I have amalgamated the pages that show the layout and traders in both formats.

28993407977_2395596ebb_b.jpg

Guildex Telford Guide 2018.pdf

• Like 2

£15 plus travelling expenses and daily subsistence. I it really that good?

In my view yes, where else can you take a partner and a couple of kids for both days for that price. Many of the two day shows that I have attended are £4 or £5 each for both me and my good lady and the same again if we returned the following day.

You can of course save a fiver by joining the Guild on the day.

• Like 2

£15 plus travelling expenses and daily subsistence. I it really that good?

I have only missed one show in the past 12 years, wouldn't miss it for the world, I drive up from West Sussex.

Martyn.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Some great layouts this year, new RTR on show, bargains to be had....not to be missed if you're interested in gauge 0.

Here is a list of the 14 Societies / Associations / Heritage Railways attending Guildex in 2018
We have recently added the Telford Steam Railway to attendees which is great news - see their promotional video here:

https://telfordsteamrailway.co.uk/…/TSR-Ma…/video/tsrad.webm

S1 Warley MRC & National Exhibition
S2 Severn Valley Railway
S3 Bristol O Gauge Group
S4 North West O Gauge Modellers
S5 Missenden Abbey Railway Modelling Courses
S6 Great Central Railway Society
S7 Scottish Line Societies
S8 Great Northern Railway Society
S9 Scale 7 Group
S10 7mm Narrow Gauge Association
S11 Signalling Record Society
S12 Association of Larger Scale Modellers
S13 Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Society
S14 Telford Steam Railway

We look forward to seeing you in Telford soon

• Like 1

It is the highlight of the 7mm world year!  Possibly the largest single scale show in the world and well worth the entrance fee which as Rob says is for both days and includes partners. If anyone is attracted to the scale by the wonderful trade offerings these days then this is the event which will show the plethora of offerings from the dedicated traders. With 4mm prices creeping ever upward the 7mm RTR scene looks very economical!

Martin

• Like 1

For information:

Stand - S7, "Scottish Line Societies" is a joint stand with all 5 of the pre grouping railways, CR, G&SWR, GNOS, HR & NB, combining their efforts. Well worth a visit if modelling Scottish railways is your interest.

I went last year and could easily have spent a small fortune... My wife still thinks I did!!! It was my first time going to Telford and will be there on Sunday this year. I will be driving down from Cumbria and I do believe it is worth the effort for what there is to see on offer.

If you have the time do please call in at stand D10 in the Guild Demos and say hello.

If it was really "international" there'd be a lot more US-outline stuff for sale :mad: :shout: :mosking:

/personal gripe mode <off>

But for UK outline yes it's 'The' show to go to. I'm not at all bitter or twisted that I can't get there this year due to forgetting all about it when booking a family holiday in Cornwall. :banghead: :angry:

There is a lot of US and Continental outline stuff on offer there but it is sometimes hidden!  You just have to look for it.

Martin Long

Or it goes very quick in the morning, or it's over-priced, according to the great British Tradition of "If it's O Scale then it MUST be expensive!" :rolleyes:

Fortunately this is a tradition that the likes of Dapol & Minerva are helping to break. :good:

A bit of an Irish theme this year, with two layouts depicting 'over the water'. My own Arigna Town [sLNCR] and Tony Ragg's Stanfording [mostly NCC]. Alphagraphix there too as the main trader in all things Irish, so if you are tired of the move to RTR, come and say hello.

• Like 2

Hello all,

For those of you who can't make Guildex I thought I would share a few of the goodies on my demo stand.

All have been created completely or enhanced with parts cut on the Silhouette Cutter.
 GER Open Carriage Truck
42560428430_88e1c818ec_k.jpg

44319725202_dbbe6b852f_k.jpg

44368235651_3ea3a54eb8_k.jpg

NER Implement Wagon

44319726642_f161caa92d_k.jpg

Slaters NER 20 ton Hopper Wagon

44368236651_1995804a90_k.jpg

44319727702_4739467970_k.jpg

44368237971_9ca3bb7d83_k.jpg

43651643004_04bf73c624_k.jpg
  • Like 6

I seem to be in a minority here.

I thought the show was smaller, no layout that held my attention for any great length of time and the buzz that normally is about just wasn't there for me.  Certainly some of that could be down to JLTRT not being there as they always created a buzz for me.

Most times for Telford I do the 2 days but not this time.

The car parking worked very well this year and I did do some stocking up and noting down of interesting items for future purchasing.

Collected my 2 Ixion/Minerva wagons and had a look over their stand, some beautiful models available.

I am however indebted to the teams that got the show together even if this year it didn't make me feel glad all over.

See you all at Telford 2019.

Best

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

Not wishing to litter rmWeb or for this to be seen as a spam posting but having had a wander to Telford on Saturday, I have done another review of news from the main manufactures, and pictures of the attending layouts.  I am still wading through the images taken of the layouts, so some are missing, but they should be there tomorrow.  

http://railblogs.co.uk/telford18/

Rich

• Like 7