Windmill lane (009 gauge micro layout)

Thank you for your comment. Painting figures and doing Scenics is the thing I love most about this hobby.

Regards Paul.

Your modelling is very impressive.

I noted the earlier post about your painting technique.

I have 2 questions, firstly you prime with black, but in my ignorance I'd have assumed it would be easier to cover light to dark than dark to light, so I'm wondering why you use black.

Secondly I noted you use Citadal paints are they your favs or are there others you like as well?

• RMweb Gold

Your modelling is very impressive.

I noted the earlier post about your painting technique.

I have 2 questions, firstly you prime with black, but in my ignorance I'd have assumed it would be easier to cover light to dark than dark to light, so I'm wondering why you use black.

Secondly I noted you use Citadal paints are they your favs or are there others you like as well?

Thank you Harry. Yeah it does seem counterintuitive to use black as a primer. It’s a technique I picked up from war gamers and it does work really well. The black gets into all the crevices so then when you use lighter colours it creates shadows. Hope that makes sense. Out of all the paints I have used over the years I definitely prefer Citadal.

Regards Paul.

• Like 1

Thank you Harry. Yeah it does seem counterintuitive to use black as a primer. It’s a technique I picked up from war gamers and it does work really well. The black gets into all the crevices so then when you use lighter colours it creates shadows. Hope that makes sense. Out of all the paints I have used over the years I definitely prefer Citadal.

Regards Paul.

Thanks, you've confirmed what I assumed to be the case. I suppose its not surprising that military modellers & war gamers have the expertise, I just hadn't realised until I started thinking about how stuff gets done.  :thankyou:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thank You. It is just pretty much what you can see in the first post an oval of track with just a single siding. Unfortunately the layout got damaged in storage so I stripped it down. Saved what I could and scrapped the rest. It was a shame but I'm glad It has been an inspiration to other modellers.

Regards Paul.

• Friendly/supportive 2