RTI up for sale.

PhilJ W

Hi Graham,

This is Frank's daughter. I've been made aware of your post - if you have any questions regarding RTI feel free to send me a private message on here. 

Thank you

Diane

Just to let you know it was me (Franks daughter) who did all the castings. I took this over after my husband passed away as he used to do all of them. Dad labelled me The Master Caster !

• Like 3

Just to let you know it was me (Franks daughter) who did all the castings. I took this over after my husband passed away as he used to do all of them. Dad labelled me The Master Caster !

Diane will you be continuing to provide castings for sale

• 2 months later...

Hello, it's my first post here.

I come over from britmodeller, because my interest are also vehicles in 1:76 / 1:72

So I had some of the nice RTI models build an in my collection.

I was deeply dismayed to her that Frank is no more here.

I recieved the letter too.

My problem is, who can help me with some RTI cabs and trailers, mostly the modern once.

I pay with paypal. 

Unfortunately I can't come to the Detling showground in April.

Thanks in advance

modelldoc

I understand that RTI stock is to be on sale at an event in Kent shortly, does anyone have details of date and location? I really would like to get hold of a few cabs and parts for projects that I was putting off until later, by which time it was too late to order.

Thanks.

Yes, I got this from RTI Website:

Dear loyal customers, as we have not yet found a buyer for the business we are hoping to hold a half-price sale of stock kits at the Heritage Transport Show to be held at Detling Showground on Saturday 6th April 2019. Hope to see you there, Diane and Christie .

I can't stay there, who can buy some parts for me; pay with paypal.

Thanks

modelldoc

21 hours ago, fodenway said:

I understand that RTI stock is to be on sale at an event in Kent shortly, does anyone have details of date and location? I really would like to get hold of a few cabs and parts for projects that I was putting off until later, by which time it was too late to order.

Thanks.

Details of venue here:- 

https://www.facebook.com/southeastbusfestival

Large transport show with displays under cover and in the open. I never miss it. Free on-site parking or Arriva bus 333 and 334 from Maidstone or Sittingbourne.

Edited by Mike Harvey

• 1 month later...

Whilst shopping for modelldoc and others I had the good fortune to find one of Frank Waller's models which had a cab not released in the RTI range. It is very much a one off and is I believe based loosely on this GPO wartime van. The Fordson Model 61/E88W was always on my wish list but Frank said he had a cab master but would not release it until he had the correct 5 stud wheels.

https://www.britishtelephones.com/vehicles/boxvehicles/018.htm?fbclid=IwAR1Du-ZtLfOKsuuK7XZ_YUCWE-9FcnZViz5dbQ6HHaElrdji7IM-R8K9Ogw

E88W.jpg

• Like 5

Hi all,

Big thanks to Mike for getting me an EA van at Detling.

They are great castings, maybe someone else will take up the mantle but I fear that anyone interested is more likely to concentrate on military models, similar sort of thing happened when Barry from BW Models retired.

Thanks again, Mike,

Steve

• Like 2

Further to my mention of the E88W, I found again a link to the launch of this type reported in Commercial Motor magazine on 14 August 1936.  Give some useful dimensions for the dropside body.

http://archive.commercialmotor.com/article/14th-august-1936/38/practical-features-in-a

I find the Commercial Motor archive contains quite a lot of useful articles especially on operations. I found an interesting one on United Molasses in the 1950s when I was researching a diorama for using the RevolutioN Trains Class B/Molasses wagons. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Graeme, so nice to meet you at the weekend and I wish you all the very best with the ongoing success of RTI. Just so you know I have had lots of emails and calls all saying the same thing `great news`. There is not one person so far that is not happy for me to pass on their details. I would like to thank everyone who has supported Dad over the years and really hope that they will continue to support Graeme and his family who are very worthy recipients of this business.

All the best

Diane

• Like 6

Amen to that, Diane ! I met your dad a couple of times before he started RTI as his "retirement hobby", and was always pleased to have a chat (and spend a few quid) at the various shows he attended. I was always impressed with the professional appearance of his sales displays, lists and advertising. Long may his legacy continue, and my best wishes to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...