Hornby TTS Steam. My CV Suggestions.

Rob Hayes

Hi all. Just thought I would share this after a whole weekend of trying to get the best out of these locos.

.. well deocoders !,

I have fitted the A1 Chip to a Hornby A4 Mallard as I like the Chime for it. Seemed to remind me more of Mallards

Particularly harsh Chime compared to the others.

And another TTS chip to a Hornby Adderley Hall.

At first the running was jerky but after these changes they run very well. Best results with 128 steps.

I’m using a Bachmann Dynamis.

Start delay = cv201 = 0

Motor algorithm = cv150 = 1

Motor high v = Cv153 = 255

Motor low v = Cv154 = 0

Config = cv29 = 2

Acceleration = cv3 = 60

Deceleration = cv4 = 10

BEMF = cv10 = 100

Volume = cv178 = 1 (To taste obviously this sets the neiboughs off on 8)

Another note these sound amazing if you use an IPhone speaker !

Hope this helps some get more enjoyment from their locos :)

Cheers Rob :)

The TTS steamer default start delay of 2.5 seconds (value 25) is there to allow the cylinders to blow clear before the loco moves off.

Setting zero will cause this to happen as the loco moves away.

Edit... TTS uses BEMF to determine chuff/coast hence altering the cutoff value will affect the chuff/coast transition.

The other thing to note is that motor algorythm tuning (P & I values in CVs 151/152 or 153/154) will vary loco type to loco type as drive chain and motor differences will affect these requirements.

Rob

Edited by RAFHAAA96

The TTS steamer default start delay of 2.5 seconds (value 25) is there to allow the cylinders to blow clear before the loco moves off.

Setting zero will cause this to happen as the loco moves away.

Edit... TTS uses BEMF to determine chuff/coast hence altering the cutoff value will affect the chuff/coast transition.

The other thing to note is that motor algorythm tuning (P & I values in CVs 151/152 or 153/154) will vary loco type to loco type as drive chain and motor differences will affect these requirements.

Rob

Hi there. Yes my apologies regarding CV201. That was adjusted to that so I didn’t have to wait 7 seconds each time to check for changes in performance.

I am aware of cv150 set to value 0 and 151/152 but in my expirience with Hornby motors of the later 5 and 3 Pole flywheel types they jerk. But with 150 set to value 1 with cv 153/154 adjusted as I have with CV10 adjusted too they run much more smoothly for the most part. Hence the post to help others using them with the locos they are most likely to be using them with.

Of course I know there are many motors out there that are different and well that’s par for the course with many decodes and what suits what.

For example my favourite for pancake motors is lenz silver.

Anyway thanks Rob :)