Radio control HO vehicle from Carson

rue_d_etropal

Recomended price(I suppose subject to exchange rate) is under £100. Thatputs in in same start up price as Faller system, and you don't need to build the roads with a wire).

Does not seem to be on importer's website, but certainly for sale from Germany on ebay.

• RMweb Gold

Initially easier to install. But much more work to operate.

Wonder how long it runs for? To me the more interesting aspect is batteries this small which could have model railway applications. The only currently available system is very expensive.

It's another progression, but it suffers from the same problem as most of the small vehicles, in that the starts and stops may be describes as 'aggressive ' . I think this is a characteristic of the motors start voltage or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I had the pleasure of driving this in and out of the Oak Road Cat park today and it was lots of fun, even though it’s a bit of a novelty. Parallel parking went down a storm with people watching. Would I pay £90 for it? Probably not and it’s almost impossible to take apart and make it fit larger vehicles.

Edited by scoobyra

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

In latest copy of Continental Modeller, there is a review of a new HO radio control VW camper van in HO scale. Looks good, and I think the chassis unit could fit some 4mm scale cars. Anyone tried it?

Yes

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82968-niles-mostly-freelance-bodging-bench-turning-things-grey-again/page-27&do=findComment&comment=3182905

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Massive necropost here.

I bought the blue bus last year which I really like although the sound is just the engline turnover so while being ideal if it's idling, sounds naff in motion.

Driving speed can be fine tuned to a slower more realistic speed with the controller on a flat surface and using 2 fingers to pinch the lever. The headlights are lovely and the model itself is beautifully decorated, with the interior visible. You would struggle to take this apart and adapt it to any other model, at the price it's not bad value as it comes in cheaper than the faller system and can be retro-added. I really enjoyed driving this into a yard, turning it round by 3-point turn, idling and exiting.

The reason I am necroposting now is that, while the other vehicles in the range other than the buses had been a bit useless in terms of general non-gimmicky prototypes, there are some VW Beetles on the near horizon which will have some applications for everyday use. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just another comment on this - the VW Beetle arrived today and that is a sheer joy to drive and use. It could be run on the smallest of layouts. There is (obvs) no sound but there are working lights and you can 4-point turn it in a space of about 4 inches. It'll probably do a U-ey in around the same space as well. The best thing for me is that it can be driven very very slowly which gets me past the issues I have traditionally always had with the Faller system.