rue_d_etropal

Radio control HO vehicle from Carson

In latest copy of Continental Modeller, there is a review of a new HO radio control VW camper van in HO scale. Looks good, and I think the chassis unit could fit some 4mm scale cars. Anyone tried it?

• Like 1

Recomended price(I suppose subject to exchange rate) is under £100. Thatputs in in same start up price as Faller system, and you don't need to build the roads with a wire).

Does not seem to be on importer's website, but certainly for sale from Germany on ebay.

That looks good value and much easier to work witg compared to the Faller system. Only question for me is how realistic is the speed?

Initially easier to install. But much more work to operate.

Wonder how long it runs for? To me the more interesting aspect is batteries this small which could have model railway applications. The only currently available system is very expensive.

Just put 'Carson 1/87 vw' in eBay and it'll find loads, I only posted the cheapest I found ;)

I doubt the price will drop, several U.K. Stores sell Carson RC stuff so I'm sure it will be available soon but usually Germany is cheaper ;)

Run time is about 35-40min , similar time to charge. I don't think you would be operating continally, especially at an exhibition, so it should last a morning, then recharge over lunch and run in afternoon.

It's another progression, but it suffers from the same problem as most of the small vehicles, in that the starts and stops may be describes as 'aggressive ' . I think this is a characteristic of the motors start voltage or something.

I had the pleasure of driving this in and out of the Oak Road Cat park today and it was lots of fun, even though it’s a bit of a novelty. Parallel parking went down a storm with people watching. Would I pay £90 for it? Probably not and it’s almost impossible to take apart and make it fit larger vehicles.

Edited by scoobyra

In latest copy of Continental Modeller, there is a review of a new HO radio control VW camper van in HO scale. Looks good, and I think the chassis unit could fit some 4mm scale cars. Anyone tried it?

Yes

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82968-niles-mostly-freelance-bodging-bench-turning-things-grey-again/page-27&do=findComment&comment=3182905

Fascinating!!

Am using the Faller system at present - any other vehicles added to the range or only the VW so far?  I model HO so 'as bought' might suit me.