BRM Price Increase

Poole

• Administrators

I'd find it a bit of an inconvenience having to carry my desktop pc around with me, then finding somewhere to plug it in wouldn't be without its problems either.

You can access the digi mag on any device you own. I use an Asus tablet and my desktop PC. You could use a smartphone - then you can join da kidz by staring into it all the time, but you are reading BRM while ignoring everyone at the dinner table... :-)

Phil Parker, on 22 Aug 2018 - 18:04, said:

You can access the digi mag on any device you own. I use an Asus tablet and my desktop PC. You could use a smartphone - then you can join da kidz by staring into it all the time, but you are reading BRM while ignoring everyone at the dinner table... :-)

Being a bit of a technophobe my desktop pc is the only device I have for web access.

I still only have an analogue tv to watch dvds on, hence no licence required (as discussed on another thread).

• Like 1

Thanks for the links to the free sample. Will access it later.

...R

First impressions are good. I may try a single paid-for copy tomorrow.

Incidentally it seemed to work better using Opera rather than Firefox Quantum on my laptop. In Firefox the page order seemed to be mixed up - I think it did eventually sort itself out. And Opera has the option to save a page as a PDF.

...R

• RMweb Premium

I'm not really a fan of electronic magazines. I love digital media, but I find if I'm going to download something then it sort of asks a question of why I don't just browse the web to look for inspiration and news rather than paying for an E magazine. And one of the attractions of printed magazines is exactly to get away from an electronic device. If I pay to download reading material then I'd rather download an E book to read. Just my opinions and why I stick to printed magazines despite being an advocate of digital music, photography, E-readers etc.

• Like 2

First impressions are good. I may try a single paid-for copy tomorrow.

Incidentally it seemed to work better using Opera rather than Firefox Quantum on my laptop. In Firefox the page order seemed to be mixed up - I think it did eventually sort itself out. And Opera has the option to save a page as a PDF.

...R

The lack of built-in "print-to-pdf" is a failing of FF. But easily remedied in various ways such as.

• Download a FireFox add-on (plenty to choose from, but many do print via an external server so might have minor privacy concerns).
  • Your physical printer might have it's own pdf driver either installed or can be installed.
  • Google "print to pdf in FF Quantum for Linux". Many other solutions (e.g. https://askubuntu.com/questions/81817/how-to-install-a-pdf-printer).

The lack of built-in "print-to-pdf" is a failing of FF. But easily remedied in various ways such as.

I tried several and none of them works to save the page you are viewing as happens in Opera.

However your reply prompted me to try the Print option from the HTML-reader and that works fine when printing to a PDF

...R

This might not be the right place to ask, but can you print off the digital issue?

Yes, but only 2 pages at a time.  There is a print button on the right hand side.

...R

Edited by Robin2