Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

8 minutes ago, Jintyman said:

The 33's had a regular Cardiff - Llandudno turn. I think they were 33/2's with the high level jumpers. At least I've seen a few pictures of those in N. Wales.

Plenty of Class 33s in N Wales here:  http://www.6g.nwrail.org.uk/class33inwales.html

No high intensity headlights or high level jumpers, though!!

Rod

Edited by Dmudriver
spelling
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Jintyman said:

Will this suffice?

Sorry for the hijack Andy.  :dancing::dancing:

Your Cromptons look very nice, I may be tempted, after all they did get to S. Wales.

Jinty ;)

It certainly will - thanks for sharing

Paul R

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Down to Seven Mills a few Months ago, and caught Rat 25054 making it's way to the Fuel Pumps.

I wanted a better shot, but this turned out to be the last one on my Roll of Film, ain't it always the way, when theres no one there to chase you away.:no:

DSCF2885.JPG.72b05dba98edb529830c65cd94e95d02.JPG

• Like 14

I've still got my film camera - Canon A1 - marvellous job and I think it still works but I haven't used it in years. I used to develop my own slide film too. 

Ah those were the days.  I suspect today's generation don't even know what a roll of film is!

Lovely photo though - full of atmosphere.

Paul R

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

This morning saw the Line to Seven Up Junction built but the Track is not laid yet, that will start tomorrow now.

Part of the process meant modifying a Right Hand Point into a Y.

IMG_1882.JPG.136fd84cd226b30eb1203fa20af5ee82.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG.058f273eb85ca33534b10166c1a974bd.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG.927f2c290d50e14a204b814721f7470d.JPG

IMG_1885.JPG.eee2f42be39a6cd64a07e9d594acfc68.JPG

IMG_1886.JPG.660dd1b69ba52e57a42508a58efe0572.JPG

• Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Back in business now......

Onwards and upwards to completion - and the next layout is?

Cheers Kevin, I do have 6 lengths of Track and 2 Points, haha. but not yet, unless I can find anothr home for them on Seven Mills. haha.:nono:

• Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, Brian D said:

Looking great Andy. What type of scenic break do you envisage for the new FY? 

Regards 

Brian 

Good question Brian, I have been looking at that this afternoon, but the findings are inconclusive at the moment. I did try a full height one but didn't like that at the moment. It may just have to be, an embankment with a hedgerow along the top.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Chips anyone, Today I've ordered my Sound Chips for the 33's. I'm having Paul Chetter Sound, loaded with Active Braking and we're going to experiment with a Zimo 645, which is a Doublo Chip, but because on Seven Mills, I cant pull long or heavy Trains, and because the run is very short, and the speeds are very slow, we hope go get away with it, and still leave both motors in.

I will post the results once fitted and tested.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/07/2020 at 16:55, pwr said:

Ah yes but does your year start in January or August or some other month. Ha Ha

Cost of sound chips is one reason I have not migrated to DCC. I was however taken by that article not so long back in Hornby magazine when the editor piggy backed a Hornby TTS sound chip over a mainstream high amp O gauge decoder in CLASS 40. It all worked really well and cut the costs significantly if you are prepared to accept that you won't get all the full sound range you would from say a Loksound decoder.

DCC without sound is of no benefit to me but I am not convinced by the tinny sound that steam makes in DCC.

A 37 powering up and moving off with a heavy load - well that's something else.

Paul R 

Paul,

Tend to agree on the steam sounds in general, but @pauliebanger Paul Chetter’s Jinty and Pannier sounds have some bark to them with the right speaker.

On 07/07/2020 at 08:06, Andrew P said:

Thanks George, Now that things are moving, I can make a start on the 2nd Fiddle Yard, and see if I can get that as successful as the first.

I'm undecided on the 33 Chips, I've made enquires, and the Zimo looks to be the best option, but I'm also considering taking the ESU Chip out of the Lima 33, and removing a Motor from one of the Heljans to save some dosh.

Nice move on the chips (any cod going btw?) Just fitted one of the larger Zimo’s into a mates 33, with Paul’s project and it sounds magic.

Glad to see your making progress, that new fiddle Yard looks better than I personally thought it would! Now ..  have you thought about a Dapol 122? :P (sport Andy, couldnt resist!)

Rich

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Paul,

Tend to agree on the steam sounds in general, but @pauliebanger Paul Chetter’s Jinty and Pannier sounds have some bark to them with the right speaker.

Nice move on the chips (any cod going btw?) Just fitted one of the larger Zimo’s into a mates 33, with Paul’s project and it sounds magic.

Glad to see your making progress, that new fiddle Yard looks better than I personally thought it would! Now ..  have you thought about a Dapol 122? :P (sport Andy, couldnt resist!)

Rich

Morning Rich,

Dapol 122? Yes, NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:nono:

• Funny 1

14 hours ago, georgeT said:

Interesting  to see and hear how the PC chip turns out, fingers crossed bud, my own 33 is awaiting a sound chip...

Hi George, I'm looking forward to getting them, and seeing how they perform, It will be interesting.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Morning Rich,

Dapol 122? Yes, NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:nono:

I used to be like that Andy, could never make up my mind ... .now im just indecisive ;)

On serious matters, how have you wired your two sector plates up - is it all always live, or have you got a rotary switch in there?  Just thinking if its always live on DCC, have you got a safeguard to stop a loco from shooting off the end, if you select the wrong number on the controller?

Rich 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1