Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

36 minutes ago, Jintyman said:

Never mind a 122.

What you need young Andy is one of these!!!

Sound fitted and coming off the WB very soon :imsohappy:

She's just having her make-up done <_<

20200705_193308.jpg.f7e35984fb62a2617be343d7167b2a40.jpg

Jinty <_<

and a bargain if you look at Rails website! Just saying............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarshLane said:

I used to be like that Andy, could never make up my mind ... .now im just indecisive ;)

On serious matters, how have you wired your two sector plates up - is it all always live, or have you got a rotary switch in there?  Just thinking if its always live on DCC, have you got a safeguard to stop a loco from shooting off the end, if you select the wrong number on the controller?

Rich 

Nice idea Rich, but no, I have NAILS in the one leading to Dore End Yard, but yes a clever idea, that or a pile of cushions on the floor.:no:

Edited by Andrew P

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

He has nearly finished it!!!!!

Has he sold it yet??????

Yeah, well NO actually mate,  it won't go out through the bloomin door now. haha.:sarcastic:

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, Jintyman said:

Never mind a 122.

Jinty <_<

Naa, I've spent enough this year so far, although I did look at the Dapol 121 / 122 and that looks a reasonable price, and YES YES YES I know I keep saying NOOOOOoooooooo but it might be on the cards for Christmas. 

Watch this space. trouble is now that I'm not building OO Layouts to sell, I shall struggle to fund it. I've sold my soul to the Devil / Visa Card to get the 33 and Sound.:cry:

• Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Jintyman said:

Never mind a 122.

Jinty <_<

BTW Jints, where was that photo taken, as it can't be your workshop, it's far to organized, and the cans are almost in line? :sarcastic:

• Funny 2

With the Seven Up Junction Fiddle Yard wired this morning, it was time for a play, TESTING, I mean.

With all the Stock out baring the Black 08 and the pair of 33's.

IMG_1923.JPG.cefa6d7c79a1c5cec8ddb32baa3ee45b.JPG

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, pwr said:

You don't want to pay their price!

https://railsofsheffield.com/search/bargains?Personalise=false&searchTerm=&Gauge=O+Gauge&SortMethod=ProductCodeAscending&PageSize=24

try the link

I got mine from Rails but I wanted a gangwayed version which have all gone now - not surprised at that price

Paul R

Yeah THANKS Paul, I looked but with my eye's firmly closed, haha.:angry::sarcastic::heat:

Some cracking work going on here Andy well done knew you could do it :crazy:

Now how about making those two new sidings into a stabling point or even a parcels depot / works  which would mean you could have a nice low relief building with an unloading dock and canopy hiding the exit to the new fiddle yard. You  could have the  track disappearing between the end of the building and a wall or the corner of another industrial building .......and joking apart this would mean a good reason for purchasing a Dapol 121 / 122 maybe even a GUV or CCT van ........ once unloaded the 121/122 could move onto Dore end fiddle yard refuel and on wards to it's next duty . 

Wonderful to see the layout being developed .... still reckon there's room for a nice roundy roundy 00 layout above SMS. at about eye level :pleasantry: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Some cracking work going on here Andy well done knew you could do it :crazy:

Now how about making those two new sidings into a stabling point or even a parcels depot / works  which would mean you could have a nice low relief building with an unloading dock and canopy hiding the exit to the new fiddle yard. You  could have the  track disappearing between the end of the building and a wall or the corner of another industrial building .......and joking apart this would mean a good reason for purchasing a Dapol 121 / 122 maybe even a GUV or CCT van ........ once unloaded the 121/122 could move onto Dore end fiddle yard refuel and on wards to it's next duty . 

Wonderful to see the layout being developed .... still reckon there's room for a nice roundy roundy 00 layout above SMS. at about eye level :pleasantry: 

Cheers Martin, there will be no Buildings on Seven Mills, I pushed the boat out with having the 3 Yard huts and that was overkill.

I do have to admit, I have been looking at the Dapol 121 / 2, for the Dore End to Seven Mills Service, but I mustn't get ahead of my self here, I have the Seven Up Jct to hide first and lay the Level Crossing.

15 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

And keep that platform...!

Yes, I've looked at the Platform a few times, and either way it will stay, besides, I cant reach it now, haha.:no:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, class27 said:

Andy

Look under bargains then O gauge

£225.00. It's great fun spending other peoples money !!!

Paul put up the link, but I closed my eyes when viewing it.:D

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good to see things up and running. I noted your comment above about no more buildings on SMS but I have just wondered whether your second fiddle yard could be some kind of transfer shed, something like the steel terminal on our Russel St, would only need the frontage and back rakes of wagons in.

IMG_1823.jpg.5a576ce71a23832b55fbffef953a2ac4.jpg

You could also change the orientation of the last siding in SMS to give two roads into a building. Red siding below changed to the blue line:

SMS1.jpg.e6daf1dc847374f69bc44941085ed2bd.jpg

Empty wagons in, load, shunt to SMS, re-form the train out to run out to the other FY and empty? Just some random thoughts!!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

BTW Jints, where was that photo taken, as it can't be your workshop, it's far to organized, and the cans are almost in line? :sarcastic:

Why can't you find that one finger emoji when you need it!!!

Jinty ;)

• Funny 4

14 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Good to see things up and running. I noted your comment above about no more buildings on SMS but I have just wondered whether your second fiddle yard could be some kind of transfer shed, something like the steel terminal on our Russel St, would only need the frontage and back rakes of wagons in.

IMG_1823.jpg.5a576ce71a23832b55fbffef953a2ac4.jpg

You could also change the orientation of the last siding in SMS to give two roads into a building. Red siding below changed to the blue line:

SMS1.jpg.e6daf1dc847374f69bc44941085ed2bd.jpg

Empty wagons in, load, shunt to SMS, re-form the train out to run out to the other FY and empty? Just some random thoughts!!

That looks like a nice idea Al, but I prefer the idea of Light Engine and a few Wagons moving from Seven Up Jct and the West Country, to Dore End Yard, and onward to the North, East and South.

Still a very good idea though mate.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2