Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

I know, I was hoping Dapol were going to do them so a kit it has to be....fingers crossed it won’t be lots of soldering 

Undoubtedly they will after you have started yours!

Paul R

• Funny 1

A second pic for this morning, showing 37081 that also is in need of some serious weathering and 56047 running onto the No 1 Fuel Road.

IMG_2132.JPG.782c701b75788baf4d56dc06231d4909.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Undoubtedly they will after you have started yours!

Paul R

apparently the 73 kit was stopped for a while as they wanted confirmation from Dapol about whether they were producing one...turns out Dapol wanted to do the 66, so the 73 kit was restarted.

Andy might as well have a go at building one, unless the garden is the next direction 

• Informative/Useful 1

Just caught up with the movements on SMS once again Andy some cracking footage of the life and times in POD wonderful. Plenty of room for a garden branch line once that old potting shed has been demolished:butcher: my friend how about a hot tub for Dee in the corner set within the decking ......:sungum:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

29 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

apparently the 73 kit was stopped for a while as they wanted confirmation from Dapol about whether they were producing one...turns out Dapol wanted to do the 66, so the 73 kit was restarted.

Andy might as well have a go at building one, unless the garden is the next direction 

Neither Ian I'm afraid, I can't get from the POD to the Garden, which is a shame, having seen both Jim Carter's and Phil Dysons Garden fun, and I don't do kits. My next purchase, if there was to be one, might just be a 121 / 122 as they are so cheap, or wait, save some more pennies and get a Blue 56, or another 47.

2 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Just caught up with the movements on SMS once again Andy some cracking footage of the life and times in POD wonderful. Plenty of room for a garden branch line once that old potting shed has been demolished:butcher: my friend how about a hot tub for Dee in the corner set within the decking ......:sungum:

Thanks Martin, I do enjoy doing the Videos again now that the up load speed is so quick.

Ade Stevenson has it right, BIG BIG Shed, and an outside Branch to serve G & T's to the Hot Tub for his good Lady, almost the perfect scenario I would think. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Neither Ian I'm afraid, I can't get from the POD to the Garden, which is a shame, having seen both Jim Carter's and Phil Dysons Garden fun, and I don't do kits. My next purchase, if there was to be one, might just be a 121 / 122 as they are so cheap, or wait, save some more pennies and get a Blue 56, or another 47.

you mean after all your kicking and screaming you’re getting a bubble car.......that means kit building is also a future possibility 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, 47606odin said:

you mean after all your kicking and screaming you’re getting a bubble car.......that means kit building is also a future possibility 

I also said; I WOULDN'T GET A 33, so I got TWO, haha.:good:

• Funny 4

A busy  old morning, and the Shed is nearly gone. Mike / Step Son is coming around tomorrow to help with the final push and lifting the Base ready for the scrap men to take away.

IMG_2215.JPG.b4a635abd21b5bec18e754e165696548.JPG

IMG_2217.JPG.403ed57a16a3c8bff986325e88b7504a.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG.c7500ad746adcefa1542d7967b26daa8.JPG

IMG_2219.JPG.55f3aefbf0766fb154185b1fcd61b4a7.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

What do you have planned to go in its place

Hi Chris, Decking as it's a Sun Trap plus maybe a Pagoda type roof / canopy over part of it.

200347287_IMG_2220-Copy.JPG.a37fe01b66d3125562a63e4ec7fbb04f.JPG

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Chris, Decking as it's a Sun Trap plus maybe a Pagoda type roof / canopy over part of it.

200347287_IMG_2220-Copy.JPG.a37fe01b66d3125562a63e4ec7fbb04f.JPG

And heres me thinking it was going to be a purpose built workshop or guitar studio :lol:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A second pic for this morning, showing 37081 that also is in need of some serious weathering and 56047 running onto the No 1 Fuel Road.

IMG_2132.JPG.782c701b75788baf4d56dc06231d4909.JPG

Don't overdo 37081 if you want it as working the West Highland as Eastfield kept it fairly clean https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajax46/13316158755. It was more dirty by 1986 as seen here at Gateshead https://www.flickr.com/photos/52g_sunderland/5699308988

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

Don't overdo 37081 if you want it as working the West Highland as Eastfield kept it fairly clean https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajax46/13316158755. It was more dirty by 1986 as seen here at Gateshead https://www.flickr.com/photos/52g_sunderland/5699308988

Cheers Andrew, Yes fairly clean I think will be the way to go with this one.

Thanks for the links to two great pics.:good:

On 09/07/2020 at 19:58, D6775 said:

Good to see things up and running. I noted your comment above about no more buildings on SMS but I have just wondered whether your second fiddle yard could be some kind of transfer shed, something like the steel terminal on our Russel St, would only need the frontage and back rakes of wagons in.

IMG_1823.jpg.5a576ce71a23832b55fbffef953a2ac4.jpg

You could also change the orientation of the last siding in SMS to give two roads into a building. Red siding below changed to the blue line:

SMS1.jpg.e6daf1dc847374f69bc44941085ed2bd.jpg

Empty wagons in, load, shunt to SMS, re-form the train out to run out to the other FY and empty? Just some random thoughts!!

Back on the 9th July Al suggested a Depot in the corner where the new Fiddle Yard is.

I said no at the time, BUT.

Today I've been looking at putting a Shed scene above the workbench at the end of the fully swivelling Fiddle Yard by the Door.

So basically.

From Seven Mills to Dore End.

Then on to Pencarne Junction.

From there Locos can go to the small Depot at West Shed.:good:

IMG_2224.JPG.2706ca7da9582bd756ec4f818a278e5c.JPG

IMG_2225.JPG.d18527e7a3e098d410847ce7e378f23a.JPG

148289157_IMG_2225-Copy.JPG.2a98e0db4afd67dc00062992c7cb260b.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG.c9771f02b696115f460b31943af432a8.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

50 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Back on the 9th July Al suggested a Depot in the corner where the new Fiddle Yard is.

I said no at the time, BUT.

Today I've been looking at putting a Shed scene above the workbench at the end of the fully swivelling Fiddle Yard by the Door.

So basically.

From Seven Mills to Dore End.

Then on to Pencarne Junction.

From there Locos can go to the small Depot at West Shed.:good:

Does that make it three layouts in one??

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Where I live the wind would have had that shed long ago. My new shed going up is being built with bricks reclaimed from some outhouses too close to the house.

I think you will have to build another layout higher up how are you on those stils plasterers use? :jester: I dont think a garden railway would suit you. You cannot put plants in using PVA and sprinking extra flock on. Athough I have seen one done with a backscene. He used  aphoto of a dock on a plastic material stuck to the fence/shed the edge of the layout was finished as shingle and ran up to the photo water added over the shingle blended the two together fo a stunning result. 

I still think there is a lot more to be done in the POD.

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Does that make it three layouts in one??

I guess it does to a certain degree Al, it will certainly give me another Photo point, and a chance for some more detailing.:good:

BTW Thanks for the original idea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Donw said:

Where I live the wind would have had that shed long ago. My new shed going up is being built with bricks reclaimed from some outhouses too close to the house.

I think you will have to build another layout higher up how are you on those stils plasterers use? :jester: I dont think a garden railway would suit you. You cannot put plants in using PVA and sprinking extra flock on. Athough I have seen one done with a backscene. He used  aphoto of a dock on a plastic material stuck to the fence/shed the edge of the layout was finished as shingle and ran up to the photo water added over the shingle blended the two together fo a stunning result. 

I still think there is a lot more to be done in the POD.

Don

Thanks Don, If I went around the Garden it would have to have plastic Flowers covered in PVA and then some flock so I'd feel at home, haha.

No good with stilts, I fall off my Crate to often as it is.

Brick Shed is the answer, and I / WE are looking forward to some pics of it's progress, even on here if you want Don. If it inspires others to copy you or me, then that has to be a good thing.:good:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1