Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

I keep hearing this phrase armchair modelling. How many O Scale armchairs do we need and where do they all end up. Perhaps every layout should have an abandoned armchair model in a hedgerow somewhere.

Paul R

• Funny 7

Bitter pill to swallow Bodgit, realising you are NOT Clark Kent ? we all love you for what you are, so please can you just potter around like normal 70 year olds, PLEASE. the days of loft layouts up and down ladders bending down with low layouts, banging your head, red hot one day, and freezing cold the next, no good at any age never mind a 70 year old ? so PLEASE stay in your nice clean and warm pod you have built, and potter around for years to come PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Agree 12
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Bitter pill to swallow Bodgit, realising you are NOT Clark Kent ? we all love you for what you are, so please can you just potter around like normal 70 year olds, PLEASE. the days of loft layouts up and down ladders bending down with low layouts, banging your head, red hot one day, and freezing cold the next, no good at any age never mind a 70 year old ? so PLEASE stay in your nice clean and warm pod you have built, and potter around for years to come PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE. :wub:

Wise words George.

Andy listen to one of your bestest mates. 

• Agree 7

33 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Cheers George, we've known each other for more years than I care to remember, but today you have spoken some sense,:good: so thanks for that, and yes, NO MORE LOFTS, and no more big projects.

Although I do have a Plan........................................................:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Although I do have a Plan........................................................:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Oh dear ............ He has a plan. :huh::huh:

I am now going to have to sit here all day watching the screen to see what is happening in the POD...

Waiting with anticipation.  :heat:

• Funny 2

Dear Mr P

Re. Unauthorised health scare

It has been brought to my attention by the Matron at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth that you have been putting unauthorised pressure on the National Health Covid Service. This must stop AT Once. The NCS is under enough pressure as it is without people such as you having to have scarce resources, such as those yellow thingy mabobs, coming out to waste time running them to the. Queen Alexandra Hospital Hotel. I understand that you have been given the all clear which is a good thing as I've told matron that she is not to admit you if you turn up again.

Yours healthy

Matt Hancock, MP, CSe and the main man for Covid.

ps behave yourself as the RM web thingy wouldn't be the same without your bodging.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 1
  • Funny 7

22 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Bloomingarry Andy.  Glad that you were given an OK result and trust that you will take it easy.  Dee did the correct thing and I hope that she is OK after the scare that she had.  Cheers, Peter

Cheers Peter, and 3 of the 4 Kids were here within 15 minutes and stayed until I got the all clear, 4th was at work.

Still resting and will do over the weekend.

• Friendly/supportive 4

38 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Jesus, don't pop on to RMWeb  for a day or so and its all kicked off!! Have to take after LJ for a few days Andy. Glad you're doing better.

Thanks Al, Yes been a bit silly and tried to do to much, so now resting again, I'm having the weekend off, and then cutting down the amount I try to do each day, and certainly no longer lifting etc as I just can't do that now. I still think I'm 25, so need a tattoo saying slow down you daft old Far*, haha.:P 

• Friendly/supportive 4

Hello Andy, sorry only just caught up with everything POD wise, sorry to hear about your scare .. but good news it was just you being a daft old f#rt over doing it ..... so a warning that you will hopefully heed ?

I'll try and ring you over the weekend :good:

Take care

Craig "Peter Pan" of the Great Welsh Meet Up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Blummin 'Eck  Andy what are you like ,you daft owd bu**er? we'll have less of these HA scares please,and a little more taking things 

e..a..s...yyyyyyyyyyyy,other wise Big Louie and the lads will be sent round to slow you up!!!!!

Steady on there lad,

Best wishes

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Just caught up on your news and trust you are recovering.

I echo all above who have suggested a more relaxed attitude to this hobby of ours and life generally.

Although I suspect all of our words will fall on deaf ears if my father and father-in-law are anything to go by.  Both men are in their 80's and carry on like teenage boys.  My father-in-law ended up having heart surgery last year and my father had his exciting ambulance trip after an incident with a ladder in the backyard.

Men never seem to know their limitations.

Hopefully you have learnt yours!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For God's sake Andy slow down otherwise you will be meeting God quicker than you thought..... you silly old sausage how many times do you have to be told again and again :banghead: consider yourself told OFF ......by everyone on RM web .......otherwise we'll have to have a word with Andy York and get you a yellow card :jester:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Todays pic.

ADSCF4613.JPG.9b2082587c19b7d05f13b22c416b0c62.JPG

I echo everyone elses concern - take it easy!

The light in this is amazing - first sun on a freezing morning: perfect for birdwatching! Can even see the frost on the old sleepers. Was it taken back when you had windows?

• Thanks 1

Firstly Good morning, I'm still here and a BIG THANKS again to every one of you.:good:

YES, I know your all right and I must slow down, I've always been the same, but Thursday scared me, so from now on, I will only be pottering about and having running sessions and doing small jobbies:o.

I do enjoy my Photography, and as Seven Mills has some nice photo opportunities I will continue to take more pics and bore the pants off you all with them, thanks again.:rolleyes:

• Friendly/supportive 6

20 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

I echo everyone elses concern - take it easy!

The light in this is amazing - first sun on a freezing morning: perfect for birdwatching! Can even see the frost on the old sleepers. Was it taken back when you had windows?

The photo was taken a few weeks ago in The POD, I use a small desk lamp, (see pic below) and set the camera on as slow a setting as I can, and on a timer, and then move the lamp around the front or side of the subject to get light in the underframes etc. The secrect is to check each photo as going in too close bleaches it, and to far away, and its not enough light.

I've circled the Lamp in the pic below.

IMG_2983 - Copy.JPG

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

I think the problem was just going too far , trying to hold up big sheets of hardboard against the roof while nailing/screwing them in place would be taxing for anyone. You must have had to lugg them up a ladder too.  You do need to take things gently having had several warnings from your body. 

Don

• Agree 3