Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, 34006 said:

Andy,your railway photos always have that 'presence',for want of a better word.keep up the good work!

atb 

Phil

Thanks Phil, I must say, I do like this cropped version as well, and as you  say, it has a presence about it.

Thanks.:good:

• Agree 1

No more SMS?I'm beginning to lose the will to live nowI,for one will miss the daily pictures,and looking for LJ and co.

atb phil.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I have just put Seven Mills Sidings up for sale on = Not the Gauge O Guild Group, Facebook page.

I won't go into detail on here, but suffice to say, it has NOT been an easy decision. 

Sorry to hear that Andy but I am sure the next layout will be just as good. 

Was LJ included in the sale?\

Paul R

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 22/11/2020 at 13:11, Clive Mortimore said:

I am still sad that Bitton project was ended. I know your reasons but it had the potential of being a master piece. 

I felt like going round with a megaphone shouting 'shut up let him do it his way!'

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I realised a long time ago that Andy is a layout builder, and a prolific one at that.  Once he has finished one, it's only a matter of time before he is off on the next project.

My only suggestion would be that this time, and given the space, do it in N gauge.

That will be a real challenge and it would certainly make a blue period 'hydraulic heaven' something to behold.

The change of scale would also stretch his grey cells a bit more.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I realised a long time ago that Andy is a layout builder, and a prolific one at that.  Once he has finished one, it's only a matter of time before he is off on the next project.

My only suggestion would be that this time, and given the space, do it in N gauge.

That will be a real challenge and it would certainly make a blue period 'hydraulic heaven' something to behold.

The change of scale would also stretch his grey cells a bit more.

Food for thought young Richard, :o

I did quite enjoy Glenfinick, but once again, I did that after St Budoc and the change from O to N was pretty dramatic to say the least, haha.

1172969658_GlenfinickJune2013049.JPG.404ce602db8dbab649bb07e5b66a4cb2.JPG

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Well with that bombshell I think it’s worse than a full lock down :wacko:

Keep calm Martin and think how good it would look in your new shed, hahah.

I need a project, but as said above, I won't be building the baseboards this time, just doing what I enjoy, laying the Track and doing the Scenics. 

BTW Have you moved yet?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I might be wrong but given the speed you build layouts, moving them on is probably not the wrench it would be for those of us that take a lifetime. If you miss it, you could probably do it again from scratch in a weekend by skipping the 37 variations :)

If I may be so bold as to offer advice tho, keep some of your favourite stock (a dirty rat etc) at least for a few months. If you decide to build another 7mm layout at some point, getting the track and scenery isnt anything like the drain buying locos back will be. Plus with the sound on, they'd make quite nice ornaments! Actually thats a point - just found a use for my 33 until I can replace the split gears...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

And sound in N is coming on with Graham Farish now installing speakers.

It has attracted me over to the darkside and I am currently awaiting my first chips to install as a test for JMRI control.  Next up will be a class 40 and a youchoos or legmanbiffo sound decoder.

No space inside most of my stock though so it will be a slow changeover for sound.

• Informative/Useful 2

4 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I might be wrong but given the speed you build layouts, moving them on is probably not the wrench it would be for those of us that take a lifetime. If you miss it, you could probably do it again from scratch in a weekend by skipping the 37 variations :)

If I may be so bold as to offer advice tho, keep some of your favourite stock (a dirty rat etc) at least for a few months. If you decide to build another 7mm layout at some point, getting the track and scenery isnt anything like the drain buying locos back will be. Plus with the sound on, they'd make quite nice ornaments! Actually thats a point - just found a use for my 33 until I can replace the split gears...

Thanks, some nice ideas.:good:

1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

Wow!  The advantage of N might well be that you will then have space for building yet another of those amazing OO layouts.

The problem these days would be seeing the N, haha.

N is probably a none starter now though mate. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

And sound in N is coming on with Graham Farish now installing speakers.

It has attracted me over to the darkside and I am currently awaiting my first chips to install as a test for JMRI control.  Next up will be a class 40 and a youchoos or legmanbiffo sound decoder.

No space inside most of my stock though so it will be a slow changeover for sound.

WOW, Sound in N Locos, I did see a DMU at the Bachmann Launch Day about 4 years ago, and they were demoing it then.

Good luck with that, I wouldn't even attempt it now a days.

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Surprised you had SMS for this long ? as you say its the building and selling on you enjoy, thats why l never stick to building layouts, gets very boring after a while...looking forward to your next venture...

Not sure I agree about the selling on bit, but I do enjoy the Build and planning process. But then I can't build Locos so each to his or her own I guess.