Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

WOW, Sound in N Locos, I did see a DMU at the Bachmann Launch Day about 4 years ago, and they were demoing it then.

Good luck with that, I wouldn't even attempt it now a days.

The 40s, 31s now come Next18 and speaker fitted so I can pick up a loco and insert chip of choice.

Same for the 8f, not sure with the class 108 as that came before the 40.

• Informative/Useful 2

Don't check in on RMWeb for a few days and you have a health scare, then I have a few more days off and Beeching's been along and is selling off SMS!!! What's going on? I am sure those Dapol bubble cars will be calling you before long and you'll be building another O gauge layout.

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, D6775 said:

Don't check in on RMWeb for a few days and you have a health scare, then I have a few more days off and Beeching's been along and is selling off SMS!!! What's going on? I am sure those Dapol bubble cars will be calling you before long and you'll be building another O gauge layout.

EEEeeeeeekkkksssss Did someone mention Blobby Cars? Don't think so Al. Sorry but yes it will be going if I can find a buyer.

Anyone want this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-railway-layout-oo-gauge-dcc-14x7ft-4-sections-delivered-peco-Hornby/184532937489?hash=item2af7052b11:g:KVcAAOSwhZFfrVR7

14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Keep calm Martin and think how good it would look in your new shed, hahah.

I need a project, but as said above, I won't be building the baseboards this time, just doing what I enjoy, laying the Track and doing the Scenics. 

BTW Have you moved yet?

No but getting closer 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Andy, hope you are going ok.  

I did wonder if you might sell seven mills as I know you like a project. Just take your time and enjoy the build whatever you decide to do.

All the best Peter.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Andy, hope you are going ok.  

I did wonder if you might sell seven mills as I know you like a project. Just take your time and enjoy the build whatever you decide to do.

All the best Peter.

Hi Peter, And thanks, I am taking it easy. I hope to get the Baseboards done for me, or at least the tops cut so that I can just screw the tops onto a framework. The rest I enjoy, Track Laying and Scenics etc, so I just have to wait for a Buyer now.

An old School chum of mine has just moved back to South Oz. We have recently made contact via Facebook. He left the UK with his parents at 17 / 1967 and went over there, but has recently had about 15 years I think it is in the USA, but despite the fact that almost every Critter wants to kill you, he and his wife are happy to be back in the Adelaide area somewhere.

Keep well and stay safe and keep modelling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Bell said:

As someone has already said that class 25 is a keeper.

Good luck with your future plans.

Cheers

David

Both Class 25's were spoken for some time ago David, in fact shortly after moving down here and muting the idea that it might not fit in and work.

Low and behold, it does fit in, and it works, I just don't have enough other room for what I want to do next.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It was always on the cards Andy. You enjoy the building. I remember sitting with Ken Payne in his 40x 15ft approx train room and him saying he had absolutly no more room for any additional bits and pieces but couldn't face building a new one. At least with the space you have you can keep doing new projects as they are a manageable size. Micro layout with just one or two turnouts wouldn't suit you either. 

Whatever you go for it will be another good one I am sure. 

It would be nice to hang on to the stock but there is storage and needing the readies for the next project.

Wishing you the best 

Don

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Donw said:

It was always on the cards Andy. You enjoy the building. I remember sitting with Ken Payne in his 40x 15ft approx train room and him saying he had absolutly no more room for any additional bits and pieces but couldn't face building a new one. At least with the space you have you can keep doing new projects as they are a manageable size. Micro layout with just one or two turnouts wouldn't suit you either. 

Whatever you go for it will be another good one I am sure. 

It would be nice to hang on to the stock but there is storage and needing the readies for the next project.

Wishing you the best 

Don

Thanks Don, Many people have said about keeping some Stock, but with no where to run them, the thought of having 4 or 5 Sound fitted Locos at about £600 each sitting in a cupboard for my kids to inherit does not appeal.

I do have a contingency plan, but would rather not use it. 

I did, The Budoc Bridge Branch with 4 Points, it only took a week of actual modelling and only  used it a couple of times before advertising it. That should be collected / delivered (he lives in the far North, so we're meeting half way) after Lockdown.

My biggest problem is that I see something and an idea comes to mind.

image.png.9a408b182d7e5905d32d1c49411c7c3f.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Andy   this needs rewording

'

WRONG

My biggest asset is that I see something and an idea comes to mind

CORRECT

If you ran out of ideas it would be like writer's block for an author. Building layouts is one of your creative outlets.  What with playing guitar, painting pictures and building layouts you are full of creativity long may it continue.

Don

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Donw said:

Andy   this needs rewording

'

WRONG

My biggest asset is that I see something and an idea comes to mind

CORRECT

If you ran out of ideas it would be like writer's block for an author. Building layouts is one of your creative outlets.  What with playing guitar, painting pictures and building layouts you are full of creativity long may it continue.

Don

For once, I'm lost for words, or thank goodness, as my dear wife would say.

Cheers Don.:blush:

Andy, 

It is one of the joys of our hobby, contemplating and planning a new project. Especially if it is something new.

I probably have a dozen plans in my head most of the time. What marks you out from some of us is you actually put them on the canvas so to speak. Onwards and upwards as they say.

Cheers

David

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

This picture I could imagine driving past trying to catch a quick glimpse of what was in the old station area.

Hoping the Gates were shut against the Traffic to see what was in the Yard.:good:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, mervyn said:

Superb pictures Andy ! must say I am looking forward to your next build !!!

That could still be a little while away, so making do with the left over pics from the RM Photo Shoot will have to suffice for now I'm afraid.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 25/11/2020 at 07:59, Andrew P said:

EEEeeeeeekkkksssss Did someone mention Blobby Cars? Don't think so Al. Sorry but yes it will be going if I can find a buyer.

Anyone want this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-railway-layout-oo-gauge-dcc-14x7ft-4-sections-delivered-peco-Hornby/184532937489?hash=item2af7052b11:g:KVcAAOSwhZFfrVR7

I presume your layouts are cheaper?

• Funny 1