Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

2 hours ago, pwr said:

I should cut your losses Andy and get a 7mm scale bike for LJ. 

That said an inspection saloon would be a great idea. You can propel like a wagon and run round an push back. No different to the Warwell and also 57ft length methinks so would fit the layout well.  I think EasyBuild do a kit.  If you can make a Portacabin you can make one of those. Just like a big Airfix kit and no soldering. Ideal for small layouts

Paul R

I'm sure your right Paul, but I have absolutely no interest what so ever in building things like that, I don't even do Wagon Kits these days, but I used to enjoy doing them.

I always took half a dozen Parkside O Gauge Kits on Holiday for wet days and evenings, but I no longer do that.

Going back to the 70's (1970's NOT 1870's), I used to build Slaters OO Gauge Private Owner Coal Wagons, I had a 9F on a large 70ft x about 15ft Loft Layout and and about 75 Slaters Kit built Coal Wagons behind it.

Now as I say, I'm not into any form of Kit or scratch building.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Hi Andrew,

Really enjoy all of your posts. That blue 47s a beauty, really nicely done and I think it's a personal favorite among your stock (from what I've seen so far). Thanks for posting. 

All the best,

Dave

Your spot on David, the 47 gets a run at almost every session, and sounds superb as well. I'm also pleased with the weathering on that one.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gismorail said:

Really enjoyed the video Andy most thought provoking :drink_mini:

Bet you cant wait to start un boxing all your stuff again next year Martin. It'll be like Christmas every day, haha.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I’d move the fuel point further up so you can line up a 2nd 20 on it. Fuel one, then move towards the stops to fuel the 2nd otherwise it’s an operational nightmare splitting and shunting locos

Your not wrong Ian, and I may mount the Pumps on a 3mm base to raise it a little and therefore get the Tracks a little closer together with the pump roof going more over the Locos, that way I can bring it forward towards the Point and get the Pair of 20's on the strait road. Something to have a look at over the coming days before any final fixing.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Your not wrong Ian, and I may mount the Pumps on a 3mm base to raise it a little and therefore get the Tracks a little closer together with the pump roof going more over the Locos, that way I can bring it forward towards the Point and get the Pair of 20's on the strait road. Something to have a look at over the coming days before any final fixing.

Good idea Andy. I had to do the same in OO gauge on Deneside. 

IMG_20201209_165305.jpg.b2195932f787c1f807b8874e394b592a.jpgIMG_20201209_165253.jpg.fc262b195ebd20e6c19720294c4f6b62.jpg

Regards, 

Brian. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, 34006 said:

It'll be all right there at the end Andy,unless some silly B*gg*r overruns the stops!

atb

Phil

Don't worry, there's always the Capri to stop it damaging the Portacabin.:swoon:

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

Our friend Clive, @Clive Mortimore has just posted this pic on Facebook. Taken on 9th Dec at the Gresley Club's 2017 Mince Pie Weekend. I was doing weathering Demos. This was in the good days before the Club turned into a One Man Benefit Monopoly for its Chair.

So in the line up from L to R we have;

Clive (who pinched my hair) Mortimore, Duncan / @emt_911, The Lord of the Manor, Tony / @Mulgabill, Bob / @86902 and Peter / @PeterBB

image.png.f811dea0593d37c9357e51a99f3ef08e.png

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Our friend Clive, @Clive Mortimore has just posted this pic on Facebook. Taken on 9th Dec at the Gresley Club's 2017 Mince Pie Weekend. I was doing weathering Demos. This was in the good days before the Club turned into a One Man Benefit Monopoly for its Chair.

So in the line up from L to R we have;

Clive (who pinched my hair) Mortimore, Duncan / @emt_911, The Lord of the Manor, Tony / @Mulgabill, Bob / @86902 and Peter / @PeterBB

image.png.f811dea0593d37c9357e51a99f3ef08e.png

'Weathering Demo's my a--e ....you':scared:ve been making mince pies 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

52 minutes ago, gismorail said:

'Weathering Demo's my a--e ....you':scared:ve been making mince pies 

48 minutes ago, Donw said:

eating them more like:jester:

Don

FULL MARKS to Don, plus the Bacon Cobs / Rolls, and toasted Tea Cakes, I do like to look after my self, hahahohohohohoho:laugh:

• Thanks 1