Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

30 minutes ago, gismorail said:

:clapping:Good to see some modelling under way in POD :smoke:

Thanks Martin, It does feel good to be doing something constructive again after what seems forever. Hopefully a little each day, next job is to weather the Track, I think.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Another Masterclass series starts. You make it look so easy Andy.

I am still working on baseboards for a Christmassy railway Marion suggested.

Don

Edited by Donw
Adding to it
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, Donw said:

Another Masterclass series starts. You make it look so easy Andy.

I am still working on baseboards for a Christmassy railway Marion suggested.

Don

Thanks Don, it's not as easy as it looks, I promise, but I just enjoy doing it so that makes it look easy.

Will the Christmassy one be in N, O or around the Garden Don?

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Don, it's not as easy as it looks, I promise, but I just enjoy doing it so that makes it look easy.

No it is to sit on an oval table 4ftx3ft max. I decided 009 was the best bet. When the is a bit more done I must start a thread meanwhile here is where I am

the boards are split lengthways for storage. The front one is resting on the backone wihich has been turned 180deg

xmas1.JPG.4e114d0ae214665a3b106e8e4c3f6e11.JPG

the dropped bit is for a canal (I suggest a stream she said could we have a canal ) there will be some cottages a church a big lit up xmas tree people etc. I will be hard pushed to get it finished in 11 days.

Don

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Donw said:

No it is to sit on an oval table 4ftx3ft max. I decided 009 was the best bet. When the is a bit more done I must start a thread meanwhile here is where I am

the boards are split lengthways for storage. The front one is resting on the backone wihich has been turned 180deg

xmas1.JPG.4e114d0ae214665a3b106e8e4c3f6e11.JPG

the dropped bit is for a canal (I suggest a stream she said could we have a canal ) there will be some cottages a church a big lit up xmas tree people etc. I will be hard pushed to get it finished in 11 days.

Don

Plenty of time. Haha. Thers always next Christmas and hopefully some shows for it Don.

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Andy,it's the sign of a master, making things look easy.

atb

Phil

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

50 minutes ago, 34006 said:

Andy,it's the sign of a master, making things look easy.

atb

Phil

Hahahahahahhhohohohohohohoho :laugh:Cheers Phil,  But you do make me chuckle mate, Bodgit by name, Bodgit by nature haha:dancer::haha:.

• Like 1

This is coming on a treat Andy.It is great that you have a largely finished layout on one side and your new construction on the other. It means that when you are waiting for the paint to dry you can play trains! I think that serves to keep the modelling mojo strong. Keep up the good work

Cheers

David

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Have you got room for your spray booth to start the weathering project ?

Hi George, Yes and No, I have room to set it up on the Bench or table in front of the door, but to be honest I would remove my Guitars and Amp first, as although it would be confined to the extractor, with an O Gauge Loco it is bigger than the extractor so I might wait until I can do it outside under the overhang on a warm windless day.

To be honest, most of the weathering will be done by brush, I would only use the Air Brush for the final blending and sealing.

The Guitars will come out today when I weather the Track with Air Brush though.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, David Bell said:

This is coming on a treat Andy.It is great that you have a largely finished layout on one side and your new construction on the other. It means that when you are waiting for the paint to dry you can play trains! I think that serves to keep the modelling mojo strong. Keep up the good work

Cheers

David

Hi David, Yes I like to do a couple of different things and so I can do a bit of Art, Play the Guitar or run Locos whilst waiting for things to dry. Sometimes I go indoors and sit and have a cuppa and bit of cake.:P

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Hi David, Yes I like to do a couple of different things and so I can do a bit of Art, Play the Guitar or run Locos whilst waiting for things to dry. Sometimes I go indoors and sit and have a cuppa and bit of cake.:P

I think that could be described as the perfect life balance!

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, David Bell said:

I think that could be described as the perfect life balance!

Yep, just done a painting this morning, only a small Watercolour, now in and just finished a Cuppa and Mince Pie, PERFECT.:dancer:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, muddys-blues said:

"25054 prepares for a days work"

More than what can said for that lazy so & so still lounging about on the fence !!! 

1 hour ago, Ray H said:

That's no way to talk about Andy!

:jester:

Keeping the fence warm.:haha:

• Like 1

A coat of Acrylic paint on the Rails and Sleepers this morning, using Grey Brown and Black in a mix. another light dusting of Grey will go on the sleepers later for bleached wood effect.

IMG_3591.JPG.3c1302c170e4c7c670ffac653c2bdb7c.JPG

The Rails were then cleaned off and some pics taken.

IMG_3593.JPG.87c33adb0d59ccbc6321d82a7becf14c.JPG

IMG_3594.JPG.1e6127baa9e34a027629fecd41bc307a.JPG

IMG_3595.JPG.4a80952e273b43af4df4c8040682d08d.JPG

IMG_3596.JPG.256aef85cad4c194aabc720739c961b1.JPG

IMG_3598.JPG.204b842bd5612d1192b5bd69852a790d.JPG

• Like 19