Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So the next job for next week is to repair the old Fuel Roads and turn them into Grassed over Sidings.

IMG_3859.JPG.db0338ddf814b8a994920ef01424f1d9.JPG

IMG_3860.JPG.057710335e847ab88f77768f20a534bd.JPG

you could put a raised walkway in there to help the carriage cleaners and drivers when stabling the bubble cars in there instead of grass

• Funny 5

You could block off the track at the back and build a concrete loading ramp buffer stops thing under the bridge for the MOD to load tanks etc on the warwell, then you could build a small radio controlled tank to drive on and off the train

4263B539-38C8-436E-B661-EA85ADF2FE96.jpeg.cce423e00f1db89ab4c21beba46f76b0.jpeg

like this sort of thing

Edited by 47606odin
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Good idea to have some warehouse fronts in the back ground Andy to make it look more industrial, looks a bit rural at the moment.. 

Think Andy is lacking a bit of vertical space for that George but like the idea.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Good idea to have some warehouse fronts in the back ground Andy to make it look more industrial, looks a bit rural at the moment.. 

I agree it would look better, and that was the original Plan as per West Shed, (see previous page) but I have power points I need to get to, and pictures in the way. I need a re think maybe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 47606odin said:

You could block off the track at the back and build a concrete loading ramp buffer stops thing under the bridge for the MOD to load tanks etc on the warwell, then you could build a small radio controlled tank to drive on and off the train

4263B539-38C8-436E-B661-EA85ADF2FE96.jpeg.cce423e00f1db89ab4c21beba46f76b0.jpeg

like this sort of thing

Both interesting and thought provoking, Ian. Maybe not under the Bridge, but maybe an idea for Phase 3. BUT NOT the remote controlled Tank bit.:o

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I agree it would look better, and that was the original Plan as per West Shed, (see previous page) but I have power points I need to get to, and pictures in the way. I need a re think maybe.

Oh dear, what's coming next???????

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Think Andy is lacking a bit of vertical space for that George but like the idea.

Yes Peter, Vertically challenged, that's my problem, As George @georgeTsaid, I do need to look at some way of adding to the back, and TBH Warehouses would look good, even if it's only temporary for doing photos.

This was Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD.

IMG_8446.JPG.7df539aa28f0e053e8f773cbb8ff771c.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

6 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Oh dear, what's coming next???????

Fear not my friend, for I have a cunning Plan.:P

Well actually I don't have a cunning Plan, or even an Un Cunning Plan at the moment.:banghead: :swoon:

• Like 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, Andrew P said:

This morning I caught Crompton No 33012, Light Engine on its way from Dore End Yard to Bench Road.

IMG_3815.JPG.4b947ddfad094af879d78575025d2529.JPG

Lovely Andy, she doesn't look like that at the moment; she has been green for a number of years carrying D6515. The amusing thing is that everybody at Swanage still refers to her as '12'.

She is at Eastleigh works at the moment for a repaint.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 minutes ago, gz3xzf said:

Lovely Andy, she doesn't look like that at the moment; she has been green for a number of years carrying D6515. The amusing thing is that everybody at Swanage still refers to her as '12'.

She is at Eastleigh works at the moment for a repaint.

Thanks, I'll have to poop over to Eastleigh and see if I can glimpse it, great info.

• RMweb Gold
On 17/01/2021 at 14:57, Andrew P said:

Both interesting and thought provoking, Ian. Maybe not under the Bridge, but maybe an idea for Phase 3. BUT NOT the remote controlled Tank bit.:o

I dunno one of the 2mm chaps built a radio controlled bus that you had to actually drive. Quite brilliant . If you are content to leave the turret turning out you only need two channels one for each track.

Don

Edited by Donw
typo
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, Donw said:

I dunno one of the 2mm chaps built a radio controlled bus that you had to actually drive. Quite brilliant . If you are content to leave the turret turning out you only need two channels one for each track.

Don

doesn’t have to be a tank. Could just be a Land Rover etc. easy to find a cheap radio controlled car and swap the bits over

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, Donw said:

Don

2mm has many advantages, but visibility isn't one of them for me Don, sounds like a brilliant bit of engineering to me. A mate of mine did a 4mm Fire Engine with all the lights working, head lamps, tail lamps, hazard lights and Blues on the roof, it was amazing.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, 47606odin said:

doesn’t have to be a tank. Could just be a Land Rover etc. easy to find a cheap radio controlled car and swap the bits over

Haha, as my Wife would say, not another hobby / project? Maybe a Static one would be good Ian.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

I've ordered some more Static Grass and F51 Woodlands Scenic Foliage ready to do the repairs to Seven Mills, so that should arrive in time for weekend Engineering Possession of the old Fuel Sidings.

• Like 4