Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Really do love that 47, the weathering is spot on, you will have to sell it to me ? 

PS,  Also enjoyed our Zoom meeting last night with Mark, lan and myself nice to talk to you all face to face.

Yeah, last night was very good, just like a club night without a Sh1tty Chairman thinking he is God.  It was good to see what you and Mark had been up to on your respective Work Benches.:good:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Ray H said:

That's certainly not the (Class 2) passenger train that the displayed reporting number implies it is! I think the driver needs a few words in his shell like!

:jester:

Oh, Is that what it means?  I thought it meant the Driver wished he was 30 again, Oh 2 B 30.:P

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ray H said:

That's certainly not the (Class 2) passenger train that the displayed reporting number implies it is! I think the driver needs a few words in his shell like!

:jester:

Now that would be a great DCC function... select headcode.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

17 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Now that would be a great DCC function... select headcode.

I did once look at using white 7-segment displays driven by a DCC function decoder to allow the reporting number to be changed on an O gauge class 25. The letter was more difficult.

These days when small high-resolution screens are commonplace on phones etc, it would be quite a feasible project to display anything on the headcode. It would probably need a separate bunch of electronics but that's what the big bodyshells of O gauge diesels are ideal for. Maybe you could send the required headcode as a text or whatsapp to your loco and it would display it until you sent another one?

I hasten to say that achieving this is way beyond my knowledge of electronics but I'm sure it's possible!

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Maybe something like this?

https://www.crystalfontz.com/product/cfal6448a066bw-64x48-small-graphic-oled

With some software behind it, you could have the numbers scrolling up and down as the 'driver' wound the handles. And a randomised feature that they would sometimes wind the wrong way and get all the way to the end before he realised.

Ideal for DMU destination blinds too?

Edited by Mol_PMB
more ideas fizzing away
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

9 hours ago, Bogie said:

Almost as exciting as watching paint dry.

Yes your right, it will seem like its taking for ever. That's why I need other areas to work on as well. or just sit and play the old Guitar or do some painting, haha.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Stream  /river looks very good Bodger, well done very realistic..

Thanks George, a few more coats to give it depth so you see through it for the weeds etc. and it should look O.K.

• Like 1