Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, thanks for the guided tour. I enjoyed that.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it, it show what can be done in a small space, even in O Gauge.

Keep well and safe.:good:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Must admit Andy its much better with the commentary..

Thanks George, I wasn't to sure but I watched Ian's / @47606odin, and he, like you, said to go for it, so a big thanks to both of you.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Nice little tour, but you don’t have to grass the old fuel point sidings. Another suggestion, you could put pipes and hoses down, walkway and fencing as an oil loading point for a local oil field that has been started, or fuel delivery for the RAF base just out of sight

Edited by 47606odin
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Nice little tour, but you don’t have to grass the old fuel point sidings. Another suggestion, you could put pipes and hoses down, walkway and fencing as an oil loading point for a local oil field that has been started, or fuel delivery for the RAF base just out of sight

Thanks Ian, a couple of nice ideas, and food for thought. I have the Static Grass coming anyway, and as I cant extend the Layout any more at the moment I don't want to waste it, I may still put the pipes in, and rusted as disused, as the MOD site has closed and is now a Housing Estate, and I have no Oil Tanks, well except one.

Thanks for more great ideas.:good:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, David Bell said:

Thanks for that video Andy,

Really enjoyed it

Cheers

David

Thanks David, and I enjoyed making it, and I will add more of me, (if anyone can put up with that), on some of the future Videos following much encouragement.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tender said:

Enjoyed the video Andy. Nice to see how all the elements of the layout come together.

Ray.

Cheers Ray, That was the idea to help give people a perspective as to how it all fits in a small room. Watch out though, I realised this morning that there were some bits I missed, so they will be incorporated in future Videos.

Great video Andy.  Candle wax.  Fantastic to get a view journey end to end.  Furniture polish.  

Suggestion for the next video could be to show an actual train run from end to end.  WD40 spray.  

Nice to see you actively working on your layout.

Best

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

Great video Andy.  Candle wax.  Fantastic to get a view journey end to end.  Furniture polish.  

Suggestion for the next video could be to show an actual train run from end to end.  WD40 spray.  

Nice to see you actively working on your layout.

Best

Thanks Barnaby, The next ones will have some commentary and more descriptions.:good:

Candle Wax, Furniture polish, WD40 spray???????????:scratchhead:

3 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Hello Andy, i really enjoyed your video ' A look around the layout ' very interesting, keep up the good work mate.

Cheers Brian, Who knows maybe one day you will get to see it in the flesh once Covid has gone, but I'm not holding my breath mate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

So I can hear your dulcet tones above the squeaky wood. :tomato:

Best

Haha Hardly dulcet, but I fully understand.

I was Multi Tasking, holding the camera, moving the wood, walking and talking, not even a Woman can do all for things at once.:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Just finished watching your latest video Mr P and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good to see your description of how it all comes together. 

Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to the next instalment 

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent tour of SMS Andy very informative and an inspiration to all. I reckon the river on the Bench Rd board should be the River Axe ......... do like the river details excellent.

Good to hear your dulcet tones on the commentary too :drink_mini:

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

59 minutes ago, Joner said:

Just finished watching your latest video Mr P and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good to see your description of how it all comes together. 

Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to the next instalment 

Paul 

Thanks Paul, It has given me the confidence to have more with my ugly mug on it.:P

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Excellent tour of SMS Andy very informative and an inspiration to all. I reckon the river on the Bench Rd board should be the River Axe ......... do like the river details excellent.

Good to hear your dulcet tones on the commentary too :drink_mini:

Martin Old bean, I did say it was the River Axe, but I do understand that a combination of, you now having moved to Ing Land from Welsh Wales, and my Devon accent it must be hard for you, and also at your somewhat questionable age now.

For those that don't know an Axe is a common name for a Guitar.

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Martin Old bean, I did say it was the River Axe, but I do understand that a combination of, you now having moved to Ing Land from Welsh Wales, and my Devon accent it must be hard for you, and also at your somewhat questionable age now.

For those that don't know an Axe is a common name for a Guitar.

Know what you mean Andy it;s even harder here in my sofa surfer digs as they are all scouser's :crazy: couldn't understand the Welsh in Wales and I'm struggling here now :banghead:.......or am I going deaf (selective that is ):smoke:

The fueling depot could always be called 'Fretboard' or Neck End :clapping:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Know what you mean Andy it;s even harder here in my sofa surfer digs as they are all scouser's :crazy: couldn't understand the Welsh in Wales and I'm struggling here now :banghead:.......or am I going deaf (selective that is ):smoke:

The fueling depot could always be called 'Fretboard' or Neck End :clapping:

Humbuckers to you mate.:laugh:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humbucker

image.png.5b79c67de29454f7de31e9cbb00a9791.png

Edited by Andrew P