Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Andy,

Love the new bridge.

What did you use for your ‘dead tree’ by the thirty three.... (poetry) an idea for an area I could do like wise.

Cheers

Julian.

Thanks Julian, I mentioned it in Video No 70, Part 3 of the Scenic Demo, as I planted it. I found it in a tub of bits of Scenic scrap and it had originally come from a Forest in a Box, pack from about 15 or 20 years ago, So it would be from a Seamoss stem.

The Trees along the back are from real twigs of real Trees / Shrubs etc. again out of the same Tub from possibly the same or even earlier period.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joner said:

That looks great George. :good_mini:

Come on Mr P you've not built it, the least you could do is put a dab of paint on it :D

Paul

I agree Paul, all in good time dear fellow, all in good time, or as the Spanish say; Manyana possibly or not.:fie:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Julian, I mentioned it in Video No 70, Part 3 of the Scenic Demo, as I planted it. I found it in a tub of bits of Scenic scrap and it had originally come from a Forest in a Box, pack from about 15 or 20 years ago, So it would be from a Seamoss stem.

The Trees along the back are from real twigs of real Trees / Shrubs etc. again out of the same Tub from possibly the same or even earlier period.

We both bought a box of Forest in a Box at a Stafford show now, believe it or not over 10 years ago.

Edited by PeterBB
Spelling correction!
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks David, George, @georgeT did a splendiforious jobbie on that one.:good:Well pleased.

"Splendiferous jobbing on that one" means something else where I'm from! :rofl:

But seriously it's very well made:good_mini:

Paul 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Agree with everyone's comments about 'Georges's Bridge'  cracking job well done Sir ...... Now Mr P Lifting a bridge like that should be lifted into place under a 'weekend possession ....I trust you haven't been over doing it and keeping to the rules :jester: Needs a good weathering  maybe a touch of  subtle 'graffiti' ......

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Agree with everyone's comments about 'Georges's Bridge'  cracking job well done Sir ...... Now Mr P Lifting a bridge like that should be lifted into place under a 'weekend possession ....I trust you haven't been over doing it and keeping to the rules :jester: Needs a good weathering  maybe a touch of  subtle 'graffiti' ......

Haha, Graffiti would need an Artist, but I'm looking forward to painting and weathering it some day over the next year or two.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Hi Andy. Love the new format, the intro music was just right, and a good composition, the volume was excellent, as were the start and end credits. Only downside for me was the very obtrusive point motor. But altogether brilliant. Good to have a mixture of layout tour with the bridge, and running session. All the Best, Trevor

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, shedman said:

Hi Andy. Love the new format, the intro music was just right, and a good composition, the volume was excellent, as were the start and end credits. Only downside for me was the very obtrusive point motor. But altogether brilliant. Good to have a mixture of layout tour with the bridge, and running session. All the Best, Trevor

Thanks Trevor, I agree, the Loco Volume was a lot better, and made the talking easier. As for that Point Motor, 9 times out of 10, and it slides across fine, fire up the camera, and guess what, haha. Typical, never mind.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

42 minutes ago, pwr said:

Loving the new format Andy and the 'spotters commentary' which tells a lovely story. I think this really works. Very impressed with the 56 as always!

Keep them coming sir!

Paul R

Thanks Paul, the 56 is certainly a beast. and with good sound, it does groan, which makes it sound even better.

23 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

Hi Andy, I like your new format video and comentary. All the best Adrian.

Thanks Adrian, some times trying to vary the commentary is harder than just rambling on, as I tend to do in real life, haha.:laugh: 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Agree with other comments Buddy, very interesting l thought our G-Tap blues band sounded good on the intro and outro with 'Jack knife' (could have been a bit louder)  for me as l remember it being played at 100watts in those days 25 years ago,  Hahahaha keep 'em coming..

PS Listening to you chatting away reminds me of the great spotting days we had together all those years ago, great stuff.....

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

11 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Agree with other comments Buddy, very interesting l thought our G-Tap blues band sounded good on the intro and outro with 'Jack knife' (could have been a bit louder)  for me as l remember it being played at 100watts in those days 25 years ago,  Hahahaha keep 'em coming..

PS Listening to you chatting away reminds me of the great spotting days we had together all those years ago, great stuff.....

Thanks George, I didn't want the Music to be the dominant feature, so you'll have to turn your Volume up, haha. 

I do miss our spotting trips and visits to the Preserved Lines and I'm really looking forward to a day at Eastleigh or Didcot again once we are aloud out again.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1