Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

2 hours ago, APT Fan said:

A Dapol 08? I really like the look of those, the detailing on them looks great. I've been put off by a couple of reviews questioning the quality, basically parts start to fall off them even before they've been taken out of the box. 

Well the black one I've got runs fine,no problems.Mind you I did get it second hand from Andy P..........!

And nothings fell off it ....yet.

atb

Phil

Edited by 34006
Additions!
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

I am a little baffled by that review unless something has changed in recent months. I have had six of them at different times, in green and blue, all have been perfect, nothing fell off and the detail and running quality of the Dapol model is superb.  I'd agree with Andy, for the money they cost, under £200, I'd say go for it if you can afford it and if you want sound and a realistic driving experience, I whole-heartedly endorse the Paul Chetter sound project as (in my opinion) being the best out there.

Rich

I do fancy sound, do you think its better to add it rather than going for the factory fitted version?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

49 minutes ago, 34006 said:

Well the black one I've got runs fine,no problems.Mind you I did get it second hand from Andy P..........!

And nothings fell off it ....yet.

atb

Phil

Hahah, All this time and now I know who you are. Cheers Phil, glad it still works and the Hot Glue Gun has held it all together for a long time.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

46 minutes ago, APT Fan said:

I do fancy sound, do you think its better to add it rather than going for the factory fitted version?

Thanks

Add it to the 08 yourself, it will take longer to lift the top off than fit the Chip. Make sure you get the right one so that the lights work correctly and before fitting put a bit of insulation tape on top of the panel so the chip cant touch it.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, APT Fan said:

Thanks

Yup totally agree with Andy's comments. Very easy, and personally I think the Paul Chetter project (speak to Digitrains) is better than the Dapol factory sound - but it is all personal perspective.  I like the driving style of the Paul Chetter/Zimo projects, very realistic.

Rich

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Yup totally agree with Andy's comments. Very easy, and personally I think the Paul Chetter project (speak to Digitrains) is better than the Dapol factory sound - but it is all personal perspective.  I like the driving style of the Paul Chetter/Zimo projects, very realistic.

Rich

And you can see that in all my Videos featuring the 08's

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

It might be the 2L, it has the Alloys.

As a "young adult" I always wanted a Mk1 3000GT V6, the only Ford I managed to own was a 1965 Anglia 1200 Super which lasted a year and failed its MOT! :D

• Funny 2

Hi!

Is it time for you to sell 7 mill sidings and create a new layout for the new home? 
You must have finished all the home improvements and are itching to have a new layout!

With all your followers on Rmweb, someone would love to have an iconic layout.

A lot more useful than owning the the F.A. Premier league cup or Michael Jackson’s white glove!!!!!

Edited by muddy water
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, gz3xzf said:

As a "young adult" I always wanted a Mk1 3000GT V6, the only Ford I managed to own was a 1965 Anglia 1200 Super which lasted a year and failed its MOT! :D

The only Capri I had was a 1600 I took in Part Ex from my Son, but only had it a few weeks, and sold it on. orrible thing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, muddy water said:

Hi!

Is it time for you to sell 7 mill sidings and create a new layout for the new home? 
You must have finished all the home improvements and are itching to have a new layout!

With all your followers on Rmweb, someone would love to have an iconic layout.

A lot more useful than owning the the F.A. Premier league cup or Michael Jackson’s white glove!!!!!

There's always plans going on in my  head, never say never.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

The only Capri I had was a 1600 I took in Part Ex from my Son, but only had it a few weeks, and sold it on. orrible thing.

I remember my father having a bright orange 3ltr with a black vinyl roof. Lasted about 6 weeks before it got written off !  He told me that he could have bought an E-Type for less on the same forecourt, but, felt, having two young children, that the Capri was more 'Family Orientated' !

Lost him over 20 years ago - would have been his 75th birthday today. Happy Birthday Dad.

Regards

Andi

• Friendly/supportive 3

12 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Morning Andy, l am at present building a new layout, and l have had an application for a job from LJ, and was wondering if you would recommend him for a job ???

Haha, Your welcome to him mate, He won't do a lot, but is a great guide to getting the height of doorways right, and any fence post you may want to add to the Layout as a leaning height. He is also very flexible and can basically go where he is told, and is happy to give free advice and his thoughts on what your doing.

Here he is in action a couple of days ago.

DSCF4011.JPG.e9d3d5e95b9f5fa226046240cf8d3a87.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1