Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

I remember seeing this livery in the flesh on a Class 50 at OOC when I lived around the corner from the depot and it did look stunning in the summer sun, however, it doesn't suit every loco and sadly to say definitely not the class 33 but that's only my opinion.

Andy, have you thought about giving it a good weathering session like your Class 25's, if not, how about a complete strip down and a nice banger blue respray?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, I am usually keen to fit every bit from a detail pack onto a loco, but I do think in this case it looks better without the snow ploughs. I think Ray has made a good observation.

I enjoyed the video as usual.

Cheers, Ade.

There are still a couple of bits that look like pipes that I cant find a home for, but your right about the better look without them.

DSCF4002.JPG.cd326736b990f3fe41bae5dfa9bcd75f.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG.8ad59826785a1b95446f9cfa0fd9a9be.JPG

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, jcarta said:

I remember seeing this livery in the flesh on a Class 50 at OOC when I lived around the corner from the depot and it did look stunning in the summer sun, however, it doesn't suit every loco and sadly to say definitely not the class 33 but that's only my opinion.

Andy, have you thought about giving it a good weathering session like your Class 25's, if not, how about a complete strip down and a nice banger blue respray?

I cant find pics of 035 dirty, and if it was, as it wasn't produced until 1994 so it stayed clean for a long time. I have considered a re spray and a conversation has already be held, even thinking of 3 Tone Grey.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Its in the box to go on, the person that did the numbers forgot that one, and I didn't realise until after I'd weathered it. I have new numbers coming for the other 20, as they have lifted so need re doing and will be done when I do the 3TG 37.

I do remember seeing railfreight 20's with missing numerals. Only seem to affect them the most for some reason. 

Paul

• Informative/Useful 2

17 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Wonder why Im so fond of your class 40 Andy? :good_mini:

Last few pics I'm afraid, Julian, I've decided to move to a newer era, and needed the funds, but there are still about 20 pics  in the un used folder yet.

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Time is a great healer and the new arrival will help? Whats replacing said whistler?

I bought that Triple Grey 37, and the Sound project, so needed to replenish some funds / pay off the Credit Card.:o

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, 34006 said:

Out of curiosityAndy,how much?

atb 

Phil

Don't ask me Phil, I don't do re sprays. I still have to negotiate with a mate of mine, once I make the decision to do it / have it done.

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Don't ask me Phil, I don't do re sprays. I still have to negotiate with a mate of mine, once I make the decision to do it / have it done.

No ,the loco Andy!:banghead:

atb

Phil

• Like 1