Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, chickensoup said:

Wow Andy what a big decision to move SMS on I hope everything is ok.

CS

Thanks CS, And yes things will get better I hope. Big decision but it had to be taken.

• Like 4

An early-days preservation site would be an interesting model. Some weedy sidings with rotten coaches and wagons poorly sheeted over, the rusting hulk of a Bulleid Pacific, a Barclay saddle tank dismantled in the open, and a little diesel shunter pottering up and down with a Mk1 coach only partly repainted from NSE to maroon? 

Could maybe be alongside a functioning BR depot or freight line?

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Mol_PMB said:

An early-days preservation site would be an interesting model. Some weedy sidings with rotten coaches and wagons poorly sheeted over, the rusting hulk of a Bulleid Pacific, a Barclay saddle tank dismantled in the open, and a little diesel shunter pottering up and down with a Mk1 coach only partly repainted from NSE to maroon? 

Could maybe be alongside a functioning BR depot or freight line?

Interesting idea, why not buy it and do it, that would be good to see.:good:

• Funny 5

53 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

On a beautiful sunny morning, Resident Shunter No 08173 marshals a couple of wagons in the Bridge End Sidings at Seven Mills.

NOTE = The Layout is still available For Sale.

ADSCF4049.JPG.9482c4e9c928332aa8f6aa654aa50a0f.JPG

Another classic shot, very realistic...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

506280921_ClosureNotice.jpg.4c54caa159ae4934f733118077d2b0c3.jpg

Not looking forward to this.

I had no idea where SMS is supposed to be based so I have chosen the Shrewsbury area of LM. I can alter it if you like!

Paul R

Edited by pwr
typo correcte3d
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 3

4 minutes ago, pwr said:

I had no idea where SMS is supposed to be based so I have chosen the Shrewsbury area of LM. I can alter it if you like!

Paul R

That's brilliant Paul, I love it.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

That's brilliant Paul, I love it.

I couldn't let the sad occasion go without some form of memorial!!!!

The notice would have been much longer had the passenger services not already been withdrawn!

Paul

• Funny 3

5 minutes ago, pwr said:

I couldn't let the sad occasion go without some form of memorial!!!!

The notice would have been much longer had the passenger services not already been withdrawn!

Paul

I did note the termination of Services date, I was hoping it would be before then, but it may well be long after at the current rate.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I did note the termination of Services date, I was hoping it would be before then, but it may well be long after at the current rate.

I had to make a guess!

You'll probably now have to run a rail tour ahead of closure!!!  A two car DMU should do it. Perhaps someone could visit once the lockdown has ended and if not gone you could have a last Hurrah!  I would offer but none of my stock is DCC.

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

59 minutes ago, pwr said:

Paul R

Cracking post ...get it printed out and framed Andy it will look good on the wall of the POD. Has Lazy Joe had his P45 yet :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

42 minutes ago, pwr said:

I had to make a guess!

You'll probably now have to run a rail tour ahead of closure!!!  A two car DMU should do it. Perhaps someone could visit once the lockdown has ended and if not gone you could have a last Hurrah!  I would offer but none of my stock is DCC.

Paul R

Just make a gricer load for your open wagons...

26.jpg.3d1ebee9f09b2070446d951f4a87673f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Funny 4

59 minutes ago, shedman said:

That looks like the Manchester Ship canal. I remember it well. Trevor

Hi Trevor, if you have any photos of that trip or of the MSC Railway in general, I'd love to see them as I am modelling part of the MSC Railway in 7mm scale.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/161255-mols-msc-hudswell-clarke-204hp-diesel/

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/161395-mols-msc-layout-musings/

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/101520-manchester-ship-canal-railway/

Many thanks,

Mol

• Like 1