Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

Thank you.

There is another aspect of sound fitted locos which makes them unspectacular for me. I am tone deaf, yeah it sounds like a diesel but that is as far as it goes.

Funny that, that's what the Band say about  me.:notme:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

I saw that trackplan and immediately thought 'He's going to need a MUCH bigger shed'...

Then I realised I wasn't the plan for Seven Mills replacement...

Hi Mol

Shed? It is in the living room.

When we moved Mrs M wanted stables and land for her 'orses. Most the properties we looked at had a barn or a big garage for me to build a layout in. She came and looked at the ranch on her own, knowing it didn't have space for me. Plan was for me to use the garage until we built a barn. She liked the place (well the stables) and rang before leaving saying "The garage is no bigger than what you already have would you like the living room?" 20 by 15 ft room close to the loo and kitchen, in the warm. I couldn't say "No". Don't worry over looking the stables (and south facing) is what was termed a family room, that is her domain.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Mol

Shed? It is in the living room.

When we moved Mrs M wanted stables and land for her 'orses. Most the properties we looked at had a barn or a big garage for me to build a layout in. She came and looked at the ranch on her own, knowing it didn't have space for me. Plan was for me to use the garage until we built a barn. She liked the place (well the stables) and rang before leaving saying "The garage is no bigger than what you already have would you like the living room?" 20 by 15 ft room close to the loo and kitchen, in the warm. I couldn't say "No". Don't worry over looking the stables (and south facing) is what was termed a family room, that is her domain.

And a dammed fine place it is too, if I may say so Sir.

Loved them there Orses on my visit.:P

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Andy

I completely agree. I think there is no point in DCC without sound but I am afraid I have too much stock to convert although I was intrigued by the Hornby magazine's article on pairing a Hornby TTS sound chip in parallel with an O Gauge chip just to power the sound and not the loco. Seemed to me a very cost effective way to go. 

The wiring on Notley is compatible with DCC so who knows. I might consider getting a system and converting a few locos and running it in alternative modes. One for steam and green diesel and one for blue diesel. I am not sold on DCC Steam sounds, they just don't have the depth of the real thing.

Paul R

Agree with that. Most of my diesels are sound equipped and most of my steam locos are not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

That's why my Microphone is either turned down or Orf.

In actual fact what the rest of the band said was that 'he's stone deaf' but Mr P miss heard them and thought they'd said 'tone deaf'. They gave up trying after that and just agreed with him.

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

In actual fact what the rest of the band said was that 'he's stone deaf' but Mr P miss heard them and thought they'd said 'tone deaf'. They gave up trying after that and just agreed with him.

With the Bass amp and PA Back line, plus a monitor facing up in front, I always came home deaf for 24 hours. How big bands manage I really don't know.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Agree 1

On 12/03/2021 at 07:42, Andrew P said:

Well as promised for today, Video No 76.

Another enjoyable quarter of an hour of escapism down at Seven Mills. Always interesting to see what moves you have in store. I will miss these videos when the layout heads off to pastures new.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, andyram said:

Another enjoyable quarter of an hour of escapism down at Seven Mills. Always interesting to see what moves you have in store. I will miss these videos when the layout heads off to pastures new.

Thanks Andy, I will be doing some more Videos next week to add to the 13 that I have ready to inflict you all with.

• Like 5

Can anyone make use of a Sound fitted 56?

I think the Sound is ESU, and possibly South West Digital, most of you will have seen it and heard it running on the Videos. Yes its a bit of a groaner but works fine including all the lights. It has Delrin Chain drive to both Bogies and so far has never missed a beat. I believe it to be a PMRP Kit, and as I said on Video 75B, I may have seen a better build, but I have also seen an awful lot worse. It also has one Driver.

It doesn't have a makers Box but has a sturdy box for shipping. Please PM for price and more details if required.

Thanks.

IMG_3432.JPG.537ff5b60d84938f158bfa63e21a20cc.JPG

IMG_3428.JPG.59ca09ac89842ad798e17d4aac4442c2.JPG

IMG_3430.JPG.2054d8cbaab3e09403c554243ecf4c7a.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG.2999b013338fb41ae41ad51b460f6d26.JPG

IMG_3434.JPG.e25292dc1525eebb380962fc0b2eed22.JPG

IMG_3443.JPG.7471d03a1032730bdb7af186edb7f9ad.JPG

SOLD, Not from on here.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

16 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Not wishing to go too far of track, but I see your local kick ballers have parted company with their manager following there defeat on Sunday at the hands of Salford City FC.

Sorry, but I really haven't a clue what your talking about, I'm not being rude, but I don't do foot ball.

• Agree 2

Just now, Andrew P said:

Sorry, but I really haven't a clue what your talking about, I'm not being rude, but I don't do foot ball.

You are very wise. I too am not normally a follower of the 'pig bladder troublers' so my apologies and I will go and stand in the corner. I must have had a fit of the vapers. :unsure:

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1