Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks for that Peter, If I keep it, I'm not even that worried by the name and Number.

As for 33035, Yes I think subtlety is the way to go. The roof is shinny black, so that and the side grills will be my first port of call, along with the underbody area, then some gentle working along the side' It need some dirt in recesses and some streaking down as Ian said, so I will photograph as I go today.

Nice pics from Campbell Road. 

No worries Andy, A Large Logo 37 wont look out of place with the class 33s there were quite a few 37s around Eastleigh during the 90s.

First pic was taken at Northam the second shot St Denys. I did tke plenty off Campbell Road though.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I think your absolutely right Ian, after some work in the GARDEN :fie: I'm going to make a start on it. I also need to re watch you Videos on how you did the Turbots as I've never studied one at close quarters.

Just out of interest, do you need to use a waterproof PVA to stick down the plants out in the garden?

• Funny 2

On 16/03/2021 at 13:31, Andrew P said:

So, Video 77 done a couple of weeks ago, its only 13 minutes, but I hope you enjoy it.

The takaway of that Dapol 08 is very smooth and it crawls along very nicely. I notice that it is displaying all six lights, the so called 'shunting' mode. What other lighting modes does it offer?

There is something a little steam-esk about an 08 shunter with its whistle and coupling rods. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, APT Fan said:

The takaway of that Dapol 08 is very smooth and it crawls along very nicely. I notice that it is displaying all six lights, the so called 'shunting' mode. What other lighting modes does it offer?

There is something a little steam-esk about an 08 shunter with its whistle and coupling rods. 

The 08 just has the 4 Shunting Lights, red and white at each end on a switchable Function, the then the direction light at the top on Function 0 as in most lights. 

I agree about them being almost Steam like in their take up and Toot's.

14 minutes ago, NSE DAZ said:

Very nice Andy I have been following you on Facebook keep up the good work!

Darren NSE DAZ

Thanks Darren, good to see you looking in here as well, and glad your enjoying it.:good:

10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Been up to the top, and down to Porthmadog many time when staying at Bala, but never ridden the line. I love the whole of Snowdonia, and especially for my painting and going to the Mac Loop.

Yeah I love Snowdonia, I'm normally a regular visitor so I'm really missing it at the moment. I've always wanted to go to the Mac Loop, but never got around to it. Its a shame you can't see the Tornado blasting through there pulling serious 'G's anymore. I worked on the Tornado or 'Tonka' as we used to know it for twelve years, a fantastic aircraft. I think that the last time I saw them flying might have been the final fly pasts see in the video below. Just to keep on topic, there is also a steam loco in the video!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4xwOQ7hMr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLAHWCTygrE

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

6 minutes ago, APT Fan said:

Yeah I love Snowdonia, I'm normally a regular visitor so I'm really missing it at the moment. I've always wanted to go to the Mac Loop, but never got around to it. Its a shame you can't see the Tornado blasting through there pulling serious 'G's anymore. I worked on the Tornado or 'Tonka' as we used to know it for twelve years, a fantastic aircraft. I think that the last time I saw them flying might have been the final fly pasts see in the video below. Just to keep on topic, there is also a steam loco in the video!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4xwOQ7hMr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLAHWCTygrE

Been up to the Mac Loop 5 times in the last 4 years that I've been to Bala and even after checking the times on the internet I have never seen a plane go through there. Seen loads over Bala Lake.

I had met Julian Birley at Bala Lake Railway a few years ago, and he asked if I wanted a ride behind Alice as he had to test the Re Built Slate Wagons, I rode in the Yellow Directors Saloon and felt every sleeper.

DSCF1209.jpg.3bfe58ef6762d936c2dd5eded88b1d68.jpg

• Like 5

A couple of pics from this afternoon, I still have a lot to do, such as the end and tidy up around the Grill.

Remembering how the roof was.

DSCF4002.JPG.a65e5c901bb904ae047d651d742852b5.JPG

You can see how the dirt has stayed in the door frame and around the hinges, which make them more pronounced.

IMG_4477.JPG.02773c99c9ff05ed00ba8fcb16cad4a8.JPG

IMG_4478.JPG.8cf39aea29817af44dd116c2e4d0d42e.JPG

It will have a final blow over to tone it down some more once the small details are finished.

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 3

12 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, that looks much better now. Nice job.

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade, It should look a lot better once its finished, well that's the plan anyway, haha.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Ian, I kept doing it to dark and then having to wipe off and start again, I prefer to do heavy weathering, haha, far easier.

with the body lines, wiping it off again leaves the dirt where it naturally collects, against the mouldings around the windscreen and vents etc. a much more natural look 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A couple of pics from this afternoon, I still have a lot to do, such as the end and tidy up around the Grill.

You can see how the dirt has stayed in the door frame and around the hinges, which make them more pronounced.

It will have a final blow over to tone it down some more once the small details are finished.

Much better. Just how I remembered them back in the good old days.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Bodger,  What a big difference a coat of S**te makes, (Hahahaha) looks so much better and more realistic, and fit's in lovely with the rest...

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Much better. Just how I remembered them back in the good old days.

1 minute ago, georgeT said:

Hi Bodger,  What a big difference a coat of S**te makes, (Hahahaha) looks so much better and more realistic, and fit's in lovely with the rest...

Cheers Guys, getting there slowly.

• Like 1

You are a menace Mr P!

Your video of the Bala Lake Hunslet prompted me to go rummaging in the loft to retrieve a part built Slaters 16mm Quarry Hunslet which I started in the nineties then abandoned for some reason. Of course now I am looking at it and thinking I should finish it. Over 20 years for one kit is a bit ridiculous even for me! And even worse, I did not need glasses the last time I looked  at this.

Great video

Cheers

David

20210318_094517.jpg

20210318_094551.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

You are a menace Mr P!

Your video of the Bala Lake Hunslet prompted me to go rummaging in the loft to retrieve a part built Slaters 16mm Quarry Hunslet which I started in the nineties then abandoned for some reason. Of course now I am looking at it and thinking I should finish it. Over 20 years for one kit is a bit ridiculous even for me! And even worse, I did not need glasses the last time I looked  at this.

Great video

Cheers

David

20210318_094517.jpg

20210318_094551.jpg

Wow, what a little beauty. Keep going and get it running, you know you want to.

You are a menace Mr P!

Great video

Cheers

David

20210318_094517.jpg

20210318_094551.jpg

I have one of these too, the chassis is complete and primed ready for a top coat but the body is yet to be started.

3 Dinorwig slate wagons are more or less complete.

IMG_0362.jpeg.652c0a5640cc989c310babca97644fef.jpeg

Theres a 5" Gauge version also sitting on the workshop floor waiting for lockdown restrictions to be lifted so we can get across to the Llandudno track for a steam up.

Ray.

• Like 6

You are a menace Mr P!

Great video

Cheers

David

20210318_094517.jpg

20210318_094551.jpg

Took me 14 years to build my B2 on and off. My problem is a start something and put it down for some reason and go on to something else!. My BSK in blue grey was started in 2014 and put aside whilst I struggled with lining. I've now got transfers for that but when I picked it up recently I found the roof had bowed. Still considering what to do. I think I will finish the body off as far as I can then look at the roof. I am sure Shawn at Easy build will send me a spare if I discuss the problem with him.

Given how much they cost and you still have to provide paint and transfers you can see why the Dapol/Lionheart MK 1's are a better bet at the prices that they seem to be available at.

Paul R

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I can take my sunglasses off now, looking at that 33 gave me an headache :sungum:

Looking a lot better now Mr P. I like your change of direction. Always fond of the Dutch livery.

Paul

• Thanks 1