Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Took me 14 years to build my B2 on and off. My problem is a start something and put it down for some reason and go on to something else!. My BSK in blue grey was started in 2014 and put aside whilst I struggled with lining. I've now got transfers for that but when I picked it up recently I found the roof had bowed. Still considering what to do. I think I will finish the body off as far as I can then look at the roof. I am sure Shawn at Easy build will send me a spare if I discuss the problem with him.

Given how much they cost and you still have to provide paint and transfers you can see why the Dapol/Lionheart MK 1's are a better bet at the prices that they seem to be available at.

Paul R

I like the implied hint that some Mk1s would go nicely with the fleet of 33s on SMS...

Now, will they come in SR toothpaste livery?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

I like the implied hint that some Mk1s would go nicely with the fleet of 33s on SMS...

Maybe with bodies removed, frames painted yellow and the word salmon stuck on the side as a very basic model then yes:blink:

Paul

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, tender said:

I have one of these too, the chassis is complete and primed ready for a top coat but the body is yet to be started.

3 Dinorwig slate wagons are more or less complete.

IMG_0362.jpeg.652c0a5640cc989c310babca97644fef.jpeg

Theres a 5" Gauge version also sitting on the workshop floor waiting for lockdown restrictions to be lifted so we can get across to the Llandudno track for a steam up.

Ray.

That looks brilliant Ray, I do mis coming to Bala now that were so far away.

• Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Joner said:

I can take my sunglasses off now, looking at that 33 gave me an headache :sungum:

Looking a lot better now Mr P. I like your change of direction. Always fond of the Dutch livery.

Paul

Thanks Paul, its even more better now:o haha. pics later.

2 hours ago, Mol_PMB said:

No implication intended but that would look good! How about a Dapol 121 in NSE?

Paul R

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

35 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

That looks so much better - great work! 

Thanks Mol, as I say, the Video will be up later and it lasts for about 30 minutes.

Edited by Andrew P

22 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

I need to get back to building my own loco at some stage, but like you I’ve been too busy gardening. I’ve got a few hundred more flowers to make yet...

0D190677-EC66-4CD4-816E-FFBC349661D3.jpeg

You've given me ideas, Cheers.:good:

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

36 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

You've given me ideas, Cheers.:good:

These aren't quite convincing yet, but the more I add the better they look. I have made about 30 so far (only half are in the clump in the photo above) and I am improving my methods.

One of my friends who is into nature but not at all into model railways was able to identify the species from the photo above, so I'll take that as a good sign!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mol_PMB said:

These aren't quite convincing yet, but the more I add the better they look. I have made about 30 so far (only half are in the clump in the photo above) and I am improving my methods.

One of my friends who is into nature but not at all into model railways was able to identify the species from the photo above, so I'll take that as a good sign!

Purple loosesheaf if I'm not mistaken.

• Informative/Useful 1

40 minutes ago, woodyfox said:

Nice 77A video Andy. Just watched it whilst doing my first hour at work... 

Thanks very much Woody, glad you enjoyed it, here's one for your coffee break later.

11 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Really enjoyed the weathering demonstration Bodgit, very good... 

Cheers mate, after doing the bits behind the handles etc, I found some Humbrol Wash in my box, which would have been better that the paint I think.

Well worth a wash.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers mate, after doing the bits behind the handles etc, I found some Humbrol Wash in my box, which would have been better that the paint I think.

Well worth a wash.

could just make your own wash, doesn’t need to be Humbrol 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

could just make your own wash, doesn’t need to be Humbrol 

I've used artist watercolours when I did the brick base on my signal box. 

Paul R

• Craftsmanship/clever 1