Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

24 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Its very unlikely that I will go for the 66, but never say never, if I di it would have to be EWS, as the Heritage liveries are far to new for SMS.

Why not fit a Doctor Who figure as the driver?  The theme would be that he was bringing a 66 back in time to visit the residents of SMS and protect them from a potential cyber man attack. 

• Funny 3

19 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

MM1 models are advertising a TTA, kit, but most of theirs are fairly straightforward. 

WOW, Just had a look, One Hundred and thirty of your best English Pounds, PLUS wheels and transfers. that's one very expensive Tank.

1 minute ago, APT Fan said:

Why not fit a Doctor Who figure as the driver?  The theme would be that he was bringing a 66 back in time to visit the residents of SMS and protect them from a potential cyber man attack. 

It could be hauling a carflat laden with DeLoreans for the return journey? 

• Funny 2

Just now, Andrew P said:

WOW, Just had a look, One Hundred and thirty of your best English Pounds, PLUS wheels and transfers. that's one very expensive Tank.

This is very true. 

Many tank wagon kits seem to be difficult, expensive or both. But that is a bit extreme. 

• Agree 2

Just now, birdseyecircus said:

Andy they also do a PCA cement wagon (Vee tank) they are not listed on their website so you will have to ring. 

Mine were bought at shows. 

Paul

Cheers, I'll check them.

28 minutes ago, pwr said:

Must have been a wrench to let that go Andy!

Lovely model

Paul R

Yes it was to be honest, a fantastic runner, a good looker, but it would have been to far out of period now, plus I needed the funds for the later purchases. 

A man has to do, what a man has to do.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Friendly/supportive 2

11 hours ago, birdseyecircus said:

My two resin skytrex ones cost around £50 plus wheels and were fairly easy to build.

Paul

20210324_215250_copy_2000x1500.jpg

My PRMRP ones were great to build if you have a few weeks to fettle spare... 

IMG_20201006_171152.jpg.316c28e1fbf90a3a0024ff29e1f4369c.jpg

The MM1 versions are very dear! 

One significant cost are transfers for tanks though - mine cost about £25 to do 3.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

8 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Another good video Andy. You have done well finding all these new viewpoints. These ground level shots show how good your track is.Particularly liked the wandering round the yard approach.

Cheers

David

I would certainly endorse David's comments. Very impressive.

Paul R

• Thanks 1

Nuther great video. Inspired me on to get a 25 or two at some point. Excellent sounds too. 

We used to sleep in locos with the engines running on engineering jobs - how we got any kip was amazing. 

One or two enginemen used to pull down the cylinder cover plates on 33's and lay on them - right next to the engine (and plenty of filthy oil..). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

Another good video Andy. You have done well finding all these new viewpoints. These ground level shots show how good your track is. Particularly liked the wandering round the yard approach.

Cheers

David

Cheers David, I hadn't realised how much the camera had shaken, so sorry about that. 

1 hour ago, woodyfox said:

Nuther great video. Inspired me on to get a 25 or two at some point. Excellent sounds too. 

We used to sleep in locos with the engines running on engineering jobs - how we got any kip was amazing. 

One or two enginemen used to pull down the cylinder cover plates on 33's and lay on them - right next to the engine (and plenty of filthy oil..). 

I'd have to be really tired to sleep in a running Loco, but almost always have a nod off when riding in the coaches, even on preserved Railways.:o

• Funny 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I'd have to be really tired to sleep in a running Loco, but almost always have a nod off when riding in the coaches, even on preserved Railways.:o

Must be the 'gentle' rocking motion. 

The sound levels you are achieving is impressive. I have no experience of DCC or sound. I did look at going digital but converting what i have (including) in the build queue would cost the same as buying another 5-6 loco/DMU kits - so i decided to remain in the downward spiral of increasing the fleet and increasing the eventual cost of conversion! 

• Like 1

Just now, woodyfox said:

Must be the 'gentle' rocking motion. 

The sound levels you are achieving is impressive. I have no experience of DCC or sound. I did look at going digital but converting what i have (including) in the build queue would cost the same as buying another 5-6 loco/DMU kits - so i decided to remain in the downward spiral of increasing the fleet and increasing the eventual cost of conversion! 

I have several friends like that, with more Locos than Hattons, Rails and many more shops put together, and so the cost and agro of converting would be prohibitive to say the least.