Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

31 minutes ago, David Bell said:

I like the wagon only shots. Very realistic scene.

Happy Easter to you Andy.

We are to get snow!!

Cheers

David

Cheers David, we used to get snow for no good reason in Swad, now we have hardly seen any since being down here. Absolutely glorious here today. I've just come in from the Garden for Lunch and I've been sitting in the sunshine doing some sketching and painting this morning. RELAX.:good:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, gismorail said:

You know Andy the more I see those wagons of yours The more impressive they get .....just so realistic :D

Thanks young Martin, You'll soon be able to un pack yours I would think.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers David, we used to get snow for no good reason in Swad, now we have hardly seen any since being down here. Absolutely glorious here today. I've just come in from the Garden for Lunch and I've been sitting in the sunshine doing some sketching and painting this morning. RELAX.:good:

My god, anyone would think your retired with all the time in the world!  Little do they know ...eh!

Oh, and can you do me a favour - stop taking pictures of the wagons in that small yard that's down near you ... this is a modelling forum, not a 'here's a picture of the real thing' forum!

:P  

Wonderful as ever!

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

My god, anyone would think your retired with all the time in the world!  Little do they know ...eh!

Oh, and can you do me a favour - stop taking pictures of the wagons in that small yard that's down near you ... this is a modelling forum, not a 'here's a picture of the real thing' forum!

Wonderful as ever!

Yeah its nice to have a break from Railways at weekends.

I said to a mate the other day, I don't do DIY at weekends, I always try and have a weekend off, as when I was working, I had to work most weekends, so now, being retired it breaks the weeks up by having 2 days off.

What could be better, soon I'll be able to go down to places like Bosham Harbour or out in the Meon Valley, or Watercress Line and enjoy the countryside again.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

Wonderful as ever!

And another from that Yard.

416170379_DSCF4040(1).JPG.a7df43e3c4f19b61dc236e965a770bda.JPG

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

36 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, here is the hot tub. We have had it since last July. It is honestly one of the best things we have ever bought. I go in it most nights and lie there looking at the stars. Really Lez’s toy....

Cheers, Ade.

B46FF26F-46A7-4F7D-A4C2-10AFC6FF04F3.jpeg

That does look superb Ade, brave going out there in winter.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, here is the hot tub. We have had it since last July. It is honestly one of the best things we have ever bought. I go in it most nights and lie there looking at the stars. Really Lez’s toy....

Cheers, Ade.

B46FF26F-46A7-4F7D-A4C2-10AFC6FF04F3.jpeg

I hop it doesn’t get too windy there. It looks like there are two trampolines nearby ready to make a watery landing in your garden...

• Funny 4

Looking at the above pic, with the old Fuelling Point in Seven Mills and it shows that I now have the use of the extra Sidings and Loco Storage with the Bench Road Board, and also the the two new Sidings at Bridge End for wagons and Locos.

Plus the added bonus of more and better photographic areas which I like.

951329785_DSCF4010(1).JPG.ae1344462c18f420c951a6ed123ae7da.JPG

DSCF4740.JPG.cf1c3e5680116bb7a5bcca9c9e962d63.JPG

• Like 14

14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah its nice to have a break from Railways at weekends.

I said to a mate the other day, I don't do DIY at weekends, I always try and have a weekend off, as when I was working, I had to work most weekends, so now, being retired it breaks the weeks up by having 2 days off.

What could be better, soon I'll be able to go down to places like Bosham Harbour or out in the Meon Valley, or Watercress Line and enjoy the countryside again.

The mention of the watercress line is a blast from the past! I used to love going over there as a kid, loads of great memories. I spent about half of my upbringing in a little town down south called Waterlooville (the other half in New Zealand but that's a long story). Since finishing uni I've been living and working in Germany, so lovely to read that post and have a few fond memories of 'back home'. Thanks for posting all the brilliant pictures, I rarely post, but often drop in for a look at your latest photos. 

All the best,

Dave

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

The mention of the watercress line is a blast from the past! I used to love going over there as a kid, loads of great memories. I spent about half of my upbringing in a little town down south called Waterlooville (the other half in New Zealand but that's a long story). Since finishing uni I've been living and working in Germany, so lovely to read that post and have a few fond memories of 'back home'. Thanks for posting all the brilliant pictures, I rarely post, but often drop in for a look at your latest photos. 

All the best,

Dave

I live in Milton Road Cowplain which as you may remember is a continuation of Waterlooville up to Lovedean. I first moved to the area from 1963 aged 13. And apart from 3 years back in Devon from late 75 to 78 and then Derbyshire from Oct 2005 to last May I have been around this area, living at Waterlooville, Southsea, Horndean, Cowplain. Its good to be back, and I'm looking forward to visiting the Watercress again, but I popped in to Ropley a couple of Months back before the latest lockdown and couldn't believe the changes up there.

Keep well and stay safe.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I live in Milton Road Cowplain which as you may remember is a continuation of Waterlooville up to Lovedean. I first moved to the area from 1963 aged 13. And apart from 3 years back in Devon from late 75 to 78 and then Derbyshire from Oct 2005 to last May I have been around this area, living at Waterlooville, Southsea, Horndean, Cowplain. Its good to be back, and I'm looking forward to visiting the Watercress again, but I popped in to Ropley a couple of Months back before the latest lockdown and couldn't believe the changes up there.

Keep well and stay safe.

Ah wow very close to home, that really is taking me back. I went to cowplain school between 1998 and 2003. Used to play cricket and tennis in jubilee park, had a group of 3 school friends who lived in Milton road, Silvester road and Heart Plane Ave. (Lived in Highfield the other side of the forest myself) It's a small world sometimes isn't it. 

All the best,

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I'm looking forward to visiting the Watercress again, but I popped in to Ropley a couple of Months back before the latest lockdown and couldn't believe the changes up there.

come and join the gang for the diesel gala June 26-28th Andy. 08,20,25,47,50,73s!;)

might be doing an Eastleigh next week as well.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

come and join the gang for the diesel gala June 26-28th Andy. 08,20,25,47,50,73s!;)

might be doing an Eastleigh next week as well.

Both sound like a good plan Ian, buzz me the details of next weekend once you know please.