Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Andrew P said:

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT BL**DY GARDENS.:scared:

Just commissioned a firm to come in a level off an area for a Summer House and lay a Patio, Summerhouses are like Gold Dust at the moment. Then I need to BRIBE my Grandson to come and build the Summerhouse with me.

A few years ago, I'd have levelled off the Garden and put the base in for the SH, but cant do those sort of jobs now.

There goes another wadd of wonga.:banghead:

I remember reading a quote of Peter Denny’s once when he said Don’t grow old. It’s not much fun. 

I’m now at the stage where I have to pay to have things done because age and the loss of strength means I’m no longer the man I was and cannot do things I would have previously done without a second thought, and have no family to cajole, bribe or even blackmail. 

What just adds insult to injury is the fact that the cash having to be spent this way means less locos purchased to play with. 

Brian

Edited by Dragonboy
Fat finger spelling
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Peter, I do remember 3 x 16T Minerals dangling from the hook at a show once when I got a little frustrated.:banghead::swoon:

Hence the change.:good:

And then of course the show where there was insufficient light to see the three-link couplings - what a day that was.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

And then of course the show where there was insufficient light to see the three-link couplings - what a day that was.

Many days like that I think Peter, hence the lighting rig and torch.:good:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shedman said:

As well as having to pay for jobs to be done, its hassle trying to find someone reliable to do it! Trevor

Yeah, we're using the Guys that did our front Garden when we moved in, not cheap, but a Family business, farther and two Sons, plus they are used by the Council so must be good and they are clean and tidy up after them with no mess.

AND as an added bonus, they don't ask for a coffee every five minutes, normally arrive about 8am and work until about 5, or later to finish bits off. 

• Like 2

Great Granddaughters, Neve and Ava with a controller each and an 08 each doing really well running up and down the Yard and sounding the horns, they got F2 / the brake sorted almost immediately once again.

IMG_4660.JPG.1d4359e8d98cb5770979f5ba00832265.JPG 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Great Granddaughters, Neve and Ava with a controller each and an 08 each doing really well running up and down the Yard and sounding the horns, they got F2 / the brake sorted almost immediately once again. 

Careful Andy, you could have a mutiny on your hands and you may end up loosing Seven Mills!!!! :)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Careful Andy, you could have a mutiny on your hands and you may end up loosing Seven Mills!!!! :)

Yes Rich, whenever they come up they say, can we see your Trains please Great Gramps? 

Love em to bits.:heart_mini:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Yes they are but then they have there moments like when I found the door of my engine shed leaning against the wall!!!!!

You get them, and love them, but kids will always be little tinkers at times. I watch this pair like a hawk, especially when nearly £700 worth of 37 is heading towards the buffers at an alarming rate.

She did do the right thing, and stopped it in time though, bless her.:D

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

You get them, and love them, but kids will always be little tinkers at times. I watch this pair like a hawk, especially when nearly £700 worth of 37 is heading towards the buffers at an alarming rate.

She did do the right thing, and stopped it in time though, bless her.:D

I bet the heart rate went up quickly and then you headed for the oxygen bottle & mask :scared: 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy.

You're a brave man letting the youngsters run those wonderful locos of yours. But "good on you". Nothing better, or more inspirational, than for kids to be allowed to play.

Even if you did have to close your eyes, curse silently and take regular breaths as Armageddon appeared to be imminent.

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
On 09/05/2021 at 20:48, KNP said:

Yes they are but then they have there moments like when I found the door of my engine shed leaning against the wall!!!!!

At least they did not throw the door out and say "What door?" when you asked about it.

Edited by Bogie
Typo
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Brian Hawkins said:

I rather like this Mr P as the background appears to be shrouded in mist, either that or my glasses require a bloody good clean.

Yes, Early morning mist rolling in from the seas.

• Like 1